Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Oct 26, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #7,592 of 9,899
Interested in your experience (when you have it) with the SR007...my SR009 is very clear and precise and revealing, but not at all warm (with the BHSE).

I only own the 009 I don't intend on getting the 007 I was only saying it crossed my mind. I will give you some impressions between the KGSSHV/BHSE with the 009 when I get the BHSE though.

Oct 26, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #7,594 of 9,899
Great
Appreciate it!

beerchug.gif

Oct 28, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #7,595 of 9,899
Friends,

I finally received my BHSE and 009 combo early this year (BHSE SN#121, black, with ALPS RK50 upgrade, MSRP for the combo as you all know $11,046) and even though I don't get to use it a lot since I travel often... every time I sit down for a listening session (a few times a month) I really enjoy the overall experience. I have multiple headphone systems but this is BY FAR the best system I own.

I'm writing this note because I am considering selling it as I need a financial boost to take care of other things. It took me ~2 years to put together the money to buy this excellent system, in my case I was happy about the long lead-time because it helped me save =)

So how firm is this decision to sell? well, I'm honestly looking at other options first to give me the financial boost I need without having to sell this system that took me so much effort to get... I will know by the end of the week if I need to sell my BHSE/009... fingers crossed.

In the meantime I want to post this here to see if there is interest in this community before I post on other sites. Please PM if interested. Thanks for reading =)

Picture below:

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #7,596 of 9,899
Don't do it, you will regret it. Can't you sell the mother in law, the car, or something else?
Maybe just hit the CC and pay it back later....

Oct 28, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #7,597 of 9,899
Friends,

I finally received my BHSE and 009 combo early this year (BHSE SN#121, black, with ALPS RK50 upgrade, MSRP for the combo as you all know $11,046) and even though I don't get to use it a lot since I travel often... every time I sit down for a listening session (a few times a month) I really enjoy the overall experience. I have multiple headphone systems but this is BY FAR the best system I own.

I'm writing this note because I am considering selling it as I need a financial boost to take care of other things. It took me ~2 years to put together the money to buy this excellent system, in my case I was happy about the long lead-time because it helped me save =)

So how firm is this decision to sell? well, I'm honestly looking at other options first to give me the financial boost I need without having to sell this system that took me so much effort to get... I will know by the end of the week if I need to sell my BHSE/009... fingers crossed.

In the meantime I want to post this here to see if there is interest in this community before I post on other sites. Please PM if interested. Thanks for reading =)

Picture below:

There is a "for sale" section you can take this to.

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #7,598 of 9,899
We're hard at working readying the next wave of Blue Hawaii amps, and they are looking good as ever. Glad to see good reminders above that it is an experience worth the wait, and we are dedicated to making sure that is always true with each amp we build.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Oct 31, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #7,601 of 9,899
  What about rolling the output tubes to a warmer sounding tube…have you tried this?

Thanks for the suggestion; as it happens, the amp was only a few months old when I bought it and not used very much. So, as I have been using it with the brand new SR 009s, I have been noticing that it seems to be warming somewhat. I grant that this might be my imagination, but, when you couple this with another member's noting that the amp is hybrid and that tube rolling won't have much influence on the sound, I think I will wait awhile until I have more experience with both new devices. Could be that the 'phones are breaking in, also.

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #7,602 of 9,899
  Thanks for the suggestion; as it happens, the amp was only a few months old when I bought it and not used very much. So, as I have been using it with the brand new SR 009s, I have been noticing that it seems to be warming somewhat. I grant that this might be my imagination, but, when you couple this with another member's noting that the amp is hybrid and that tube rolling won't have much influence on the sound, I think I will wait awhile until I have more experience with both new devices. Could be that the 'phones are breaking in, also.

I just started listening to my 009 for the first time for 5+hrs the other night out of a KGSShv and although they initially sounded very good, I couldn't increase the volume much or they would sound harsh/thin and not very musical. Last night was the second time, and after the first 3hrs (total of 8hrs) I was raising the volume with much, much better results, they sounded much fuller/musical and the harshness was much, much less…almost gone, it was an amazing musical experience! One thing that throws me off a little bit is that some state the tubes won't make much of a difference in the sound being its a hybrid, but the tubes are in the output stage, so I would think they would make a nice difference in the sound??? 
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #7,604 of 9,899
  Output stage topology is known to be one of the most consistent out there. Something called "grounded grid configuration", as far as I remember some posts from KG.

Ali

Hmm, I'm not so technically knowledgable when it comes to the topology of amplifiers/tubes, I only know basically how amps are designed. So this "grounded grid configuration" limits the sound of the tube output stage?
I know on my WA6 (even though it a transformer coupled design not a hybrid) I feel that the output (power/drive) tubes have just as much [size=x-small](if not more) influence on the sound than the rectifier tube does, so I would figure the output tubes on the BHSE would have a good share of influence on the sound than I've read. Like I said, I'm not exactly sure (so I'mnot debating anyone[/size]…[size=x-small]at all) but just figuring and I'm open to learning from those who know, and also doing my own research (which I haven't done with a hybrid amp yet) Thanks. [/size] 
smile.gif

I don't know if this can be taken into account dye to possible different topologies, but I did have the Schiit Lyr (hybrid) and I did notice tube rolling had a nice influence on the sound.

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #7,605 of 9,899
  We're hard at working readying the next wave of Blue Hawaii amps, and they are looking good as ever. Glad to see good reminders above that it is an experience worth the wait, and we are dedicated to making sure that is always true with each amp we build.

What can we make of this "HeadampTeam" that I just discover? Who is "We"? Has Justin sold his enterprise (fed up with complains about delivery times), is he now associated with partners, or is this just a new designation for the same Headamp company? Have I missed something? Thanks for the clarification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back