Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Sep 29, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #9,496 of 9,902
I've been thinking of getting a BHSE for my Voce. I have a WA33 for my Abyss TC and LCD-4. Sounds like Bonddam has similar setup. Any comparisons you want to share between the Voce and LCD-4 and TC? I currently have a Stax SRM353X. Assuming the BHSE is a huge upgrade.

Sep 29, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #9,497 of 9,902
Is it the consensus that the stock tubes need to be replaced? Or would I be able to roll with them for a while and still be happy?

Sep 29, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #9,498 of 9,902
Is it the consensus that the stock tubes need to be replaced? Or would I be able to roll with them for a while and still be happy?
The bass of the Voce is similar to the LCD 4 in impact. I find there is no match for the TC. Once I upgraded the tubes on the BHSE it was night and day.

Sep 30, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #9,499 of 9,902
The bass of the Voce is similar to the LCD 4 in impact. I find there is no match for the TC. Once I upgraded the tubes on the BHSE it was night and day.

wait until we can hear next Headamp "all tube" Grand Cayman :xf_cool:

Sep 30, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #9,500 of 9,902
great and it uses good new production tubes but expensive going into Woo WA33 territory on tube prices. How much more can they make it sound better. Only thing that is missing for me is more bass. It's hard to swallow when I have the 1266 TC that is only headphone that has subwoofer bass in a headphone only other headphone that is close is the Fostex TH909. Going for Grand Cayman would be if it gets me better bass is a estat even capable of huge bass output. With the tube role I did on BHSE I got a 3d sound stage very psychedelic. The stock Mullards sounded 2D best I can describe it. My WA33 use EML 300B 2.5V for power tubes and those are the best tubes i put on it so the Cayman shown with those should be better.

Sep 30, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #9,501 of 9,902
Cough cough DIY T2. :deadhorse:

Sep 30, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #9,502 of 9,902
I've been thinking of getting a BHSE for my Voce. I have a WA33 for my Abyss TC and LCD-4. Sounds like Bonddam has similar setup. Any comparisons you want to share between the Voce and LCD-4 and TC? I currently have a Stax SRM353X. Assuming the BHSE is a huge upgrade.
Have you looked at the Woo Audio 3ES? It’s the electrostatic version of the WA33. Not many reviews, but the WA33 is so good, that I’d expect similiar performance with the 3ES

Sep 30, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #9,503 of 9,902
The lack of reviews has hampered the 3ES as a choice. Hoping if HeadAmp comes out with their new electrostatic amp some BHSE's will pop up on the used market.

Oct 2, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #9,505 of 9,902
And what measurement matrix that we have to use to measure the difference?

We buy the Hawaii because it looks good, it sounds good and it is expensive so people on the internet forum will be oh my god you got a shiny toy there.
Then six month later we ditch the pedestrian stock tubes and replace them with the ones made long time ago in a factories that dont exist anymore to feel even better about our original purchase. Oh, and also to make our amp even rarer than a stock Hawaii.
And then take a measurement to prove it?

Oct 6, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #9,506 of 9,902
I see the HeadAmp site says two weeks for a BHSE. From this thread that seems optimistic. Does anyone know, do they charge for the amp when you order it or when it ships? Paying for something 6 months or more in advance seems excessive. But if that is required so be it.

Oct 7, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #9,507 of 9,902
I see the HeadAmp site says two weeks for a BHSE. From this thread that seems optimistic. Does anyone know, do they charge for the amp when you order it or when it ships? Paying for something 6 months or more in advance seems excessive. But if that is required so be it.
My order was under three weeks. Payment was at order of amp. I emailed HeadAmp about time and they replied it would be done in 2 weeks. My issue was with Fedex taking close to a week to get me the amp.

Oct 7, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #9,508 of 9,902
Thanks for the reply. That is encouraging. Planning on ordering right after Thanksgiving, if all goes to plan.

Oct 14, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #9,509 of 9,902
Contacted HeadAmp and they confirmed they are running about 2 weeks to ship a BHSE. Hoping I could find a used one, but seems pretty slim pickings out there. If anyone has one they are thinking of selling send me a PM. Posted WTB add in for sale forum.

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #9,510 of 9,902
Bonddam, how does the BHSE compare to previous amps you have used the Voce with? How does the 009S compare to the Voce?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back