Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Aug 31, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #258 of 9,899
Wow, very nice indeed! Makes me feel even more confident in my choice of wanting it to be silver as well! Congratulations Justin on a job well done...

However...I've already sent you 3 emails already on my payment and awaiting the green light since the units look due to ship. I want to basically clear this payment before my woman raises a ruckus!
redface.gif

Edit:I really hope I'm not being selectively ignored....Please reply thanks!

Quote:
6 mo.

here is a picture of silver, as no one has seen that yet and it's also the first silver one to be completed

Sep 1, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #262 of 9,899
Spitzer:

I thought this might be yours.  I specified silver front, but black rings for the tubes.  Also, Justin has my big bottles and those are not big bottles in the pictured unit.  Looks like we might have something to listen to in the next week.

JHellow

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #263 of 9,899

Quote:

6 mo.

here is a picture of silver, as no one has seen that yet and it's also the first silver one to be completed

Quote:
Unless you sent him some authentic Stax Pro sockets to fit to your amp, then I'd say this was mine. 
smile.gif

Wow, that's a beautiful amp. Spritzer, congratulations on another fantastic addition to your already impressive collection.

Sep 1, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #265 of 9,899
Ehhh that is a tricky question. 
redface.gif
  I bought the BHSE a long time ago which is my excuse really but it looks like I'll have 3 different Blue Hawaii's up and running here over the next months.  This one, one using Kerry's PCB's and one of the older type in a truly awe inspiring chassis.  Add to that the T2DIY which I should finish soon, the ESX, a highly modified Stax SRM-Xh which I had at CJ, supercharged version of the Egmont, one other Egmont variant and my version of the Exstata. 

I then have 4 different amps sitting on my desk right now (SRM-Xs which needs some mods and a bias supply, SRM-1 Mk2 PP which I'm completely rebuilding and adding a balanced input to, a SRM-T1 which I'm converting to use ECC99's plus my normal KGSS amp) and two others arriving soon (SRM-727 and SRM-300)

Then there all the half finished amps I'm working on, KGST, mini ESX, Gilmore DC-3 plus a large number of transformer based units and all the PCB's which are being finalized. 

I might have a slight problem but at least my house isn't littered with Stax headphones any more.  
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #266 of 9,899

May I ask why, you just didn't build your own? 
Quote:
Ehhh that is a tricky question. 
redface.gif
  I bought the BHSE a long time ago which is my excuse really but it looks like I'll have 3 different Blue Hawaii's up and running here over the next months.  This one, one using Kerry's PCB's and one of the older type in a truly awe inspiring chassis.  Add to that the T2DIY which I should finish soon, the ESX, a highly modified Stax SRM-Xh which I had at CJ, supercharged version of the Egmont, one other Egmont variant and my version of the Exstata. 

I then have 4 different amps sitting on my desk right now (SRM-Xs which needs some mods and a bias supply, SRM-1 Mk2 PP which I'm completely rebuilding and adding a balanced input to, a SRM-T1 which I'm converting to use ECC99's plus my normal KGSS amp) and two others arriving soon (SRM-727 and SRM-300)

Then there all the half finished amps I'm working on, KGST, mini ESX, Gilmore DC-3 plus a large number of transformer based units and all the PCB's which are being finalized. 

I might have a slight problem but at least my house isn't littered with Stax headphones any more.  
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #269 of 9,899

Quote:
 ...These amps are a sound investment and the build quality is fantastic. 

No pun intended?  
tongue_smile.gif

On a serious note, I know you don't like me very much, but if you ever decide to sell one of the stat amps that you built please let me know and if I can come up with the funds quickly enough I would be interested.

Sep 1, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #270 of 9,899
Quote:
No pun intended?  
tongue_smile.gif

On a serious note, I know you don't like me very much, but if you ever decide to sell one of the stat amps that you built please let me know and if I can come up with the funds quickly enough I would be interested.

I think we'd all be interested in getting our hands on one of Spritzer's amps... I need something to power my SR-007s properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back