Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Sep 1, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #271 of 9,899

Well, I did but I placed the BHSE order more than two years ago and never saw the need to cancel it.  These amps are a sound investment and the build quality is fantastic. 

Oh wow, this batch being built are actually for orders placed that long ago huh...

Makes me wonder how and if the 6 months delivery time promised now will actually be met,given the long list of orders and his time taken up with the impending launch of the gilmore x2.

It would really help if Justin could advise how many pre orders are pending and if he can realistically do a build of 4-5 BHSEs each month,given his already packed schedule and how much work goes into one.

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #273 of 9,899

Quote:
It's been quite a while since the last BHSE's shipped out so I'm guessing Justin did just get swamped with other products.  That's just the reality of small company's. 

Yea, I'm just hoping that he replies me and not do the whole selective reading thing on me.My other half has approved the funds and exchange rates are REALLY favourable for me.(Doesn't help that I'm ampless too)

I really want to clear the full payment fast and hopefully get what he promised for new orders-6 months. The last time we corresponded, he said he didn't forsee any issues and with the kinks ironed out, Nov 2010 will be easily achieved for my amp to be delivered.

But I can't help but to feel uneasy given the insane time & work to build one and many orders for this work of art. And it's not helping much,seeing that it's the 3rd month already(1/2 way there!) since I last placed my order. There's only one Justin!

I certainly hope I'm not doing any wishful thinking or dreaming about it making in time.

But nevertheless superb superb choice spritzer, i'm really stoked about how nice your amp came out. Is a all-silver version not possible? I asked Justin previously and he mentioned no issue at all. I ordered mine in all-silver.

Sep 2, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #274 of 9,899
If there is an all silver option then I'm mighty pissed off, since that's what I wanted. 
redface.gif
  I bugged Justin about it time and time again but he was quite clear that it only applied to the tube rings and the front panels...

Sep 2, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #275 of 9,899

Quote:
If there is an all silver option then I'm mighty pissed off, since that's what I wanted. 
redface.gif
  I bugged Justin about it time and time again but he was quite clear that it only applied to the tube rings and the front panels...

I'm pretty sure that was confirmed, because I asked twice anyhow...but hey, yours turned out to be a real killer!

Sep 2, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #277 of 9,899

Quote:
Oh wow, this batch being built are actually for orders placed that long ago huh...

Makes me wonder how and if the 6 months delivery time promised now will actually be met,given the long list of orders and his time taken up with the impending launch of the gilmore x2.

It would really help if Justin could advise how many pre orders are pending and if he can realistically do a build of 4-5 BHSEs each month,given his already packed schedule and how much work goes into one.

you are currently #9

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Sep 2, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #280 of 9,899

Quote:
Ehhh that is a tricky question. 
redface.gif
  I bought the BHSE a long time ago which is my excuse really but it looks like I'll have 3 different Blue Hawaii's up and running here over the next months.  This one, one using Kerry's PCB's and one of the older type in a truly awe inspiring chassis.  Add to that the T2DIY which I should finish soon, the ESX, a highly modified Stax SRM-Xh which I had at CJ, supercharged version of the Egmont, one other Egmont variant and my version of the Exstata. 

I then have 4 different amps sitting on my desk right now (SRM-Xs which needs some mods and a bias supply, SRM-1 Mk2 PP which I'm completely rebuilding and adding a balanced input to, a SRM-T1 which I'm converting to use ECC99's plus my normal KGSS amp) and two others arriving soon (SRM-727 and SRM-300)

Then there all the half finished amps I'm working on, KGST, mini ESX, Gilmore DC-3 plus a large number of transformer based units and all the PCB's which are being finalized. 

I might have a slight problem but at least my house isn't littered with Stax headphones any more.  
tongue.gif

Man's alive!  Holy cow!  That is quite a few amps!  I'm hoping to get enough for the BHSE as well, but Kerry is helping me put together from his PCBs (very generous of him).

I'm curious, is the Exstata worth looking into?

As you can see, I have changed my original position since I pestered you about the adapter (thank you very much, it is lovely).  A few moments with Kerry really won me over to the DIY when I was just sitting on the fence.

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #282 of 9,899

Quote:
Are there balance controls on the BHSE? Don't see any in the picture though.

If there is a "balance" control it would need to be in the form of a split volume control, and I never asked that question.  I also do not know whether that is dependent on the attenuator option that was selected; some went TKD and others, like me, the DACT.

JHellow

Sep 2, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #283 of 9,899

Quote:
I think we'd all be interested in getting our hands on one of Spritzer's amps... I need something to power my SR-007s properly.

True, and I'm probably less qualified to get one because I already have a WES, an eXStatA, and several transformers to drive them.

Sep 2, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #284 of 9,899

Quote:
redface.gif

Bummer, Justin got back to me and told me that all-silver would mean your amp essentially. Nevertheless I am taking that option as it looks mighty good!

Quote:
you are currently #9

Thanks Justin, I saw this post after our email correspondence. Really appreciate your replies. I feel a lot lighter now!

Sep 4, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #285 of 9,899

Quote:

Man's alive!  Holy cow!  That is quite a few amps!  I'm hoping to get enough for the BHSE as well, but Kerry is helping me put together from his PCBs (very generous of him).

I'm curious, is the Exstata worth looking into?

As you can see, I have changed my original position since I pestered you about the adapter (thank you very much, it is lovely).  A few moments with Kerry really won me over to the DIY when I was just sitting on the fence.

I'd rather build the KGSS then the Exstata.  You can wait and see if I ever have time to release my updated version of the Exstata but who knows when that will happen. 

As for Kerry, one of the nicest and most skilled people I've ever met.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back