Headamp... 3months of waiting
Dec 27, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #46 of 152
It really is a miracle that the KGBH SE gets produced at all, especially against the highest quality standards possible.

Justin will always have my highest respect - what he is delivering is simply beyond anyone else competing in this space.

Jan 7, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #47 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GS-1/GS-X I am still out of enclosures but will definitely have them finished by the end of the month

Hey Justin,
Would you please give us an update on the GS-1/GS-X amps?
Thanks!

Jan 7, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #48 of 152
I'm #180 for a Pico and I just ordered and Paypal'd the funds for a Gilmore Lite + DPS last night. Followed up with a voicemail to Justin an hour ago. I'm sending my Heed back to Blackbird Audio and will be amp-less for hopefully just a few weeks (other than 0404 built-in and Go-Vibe) .

I'm rocking myself in the corner, telling myself that it will be OK.

Jan 8, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #49 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey_V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure it's a tad more complicated than that.

not really....

All you have to do is be the final word on QC before it leaves (much like how kitchens in restaurants work). Inspect everything, short test for function and let it go out the door.

Jan 9, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #50 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not really....

All you have to do is be the final word on QC before it leaves (much like how kitchens in restaurants work). Inspect everything, short test for function and let it go out the door.

x2

Nobody is saying he should let the flunky do the major stuff, just the packing, screws, answering emails, etc.

Jan 9, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #51 of 152
Having someone else answer emails, updating people on the status of their orders, etc. would be most useful.

Feb 11, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #52 of 152
I just wanted to state for the record that I emailed Justin at headamp and he promptly answered my email within hours, credited me for a GS-1 w/dact attenuator and was willing to hold off on billing me again until such time that it was built and ready to ship.

Furthermore, he guaranteed me the low price(as it went up a day or two later).

I was very satisfied with his customer service.

Feb 11, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #53 of 152
Update: Pico and Gilmore Lite both quietly arrived on my doorstep 2/9. Both are attractive and seemingly well built. Thanks, Justin.

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #55 of 152
I can accept long delivery times or unexpected delays as long as I'm kept informed. Being ignored and not updated really subverts the relationship. Yet too often it's the communication aspect of the business that first suffers. Just tell me the situation and tell me when the item ships, or that there is a further delay. My comments are general and are not directed toward Justin personally.

Feb 12, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #57 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorito123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You think people buying a Rolls or a Ferrari (both have lots of employees) would be moaning about delivery dates or telling them how to run their buisness?

I think the big difference between the two is that Rolls Royce and Ferrari will give you a delivery date that is more or less set, and I doubt if they refuse to divulge information when you ask how far along the car is.

I cancelled my Blue Hawaii SE because I didn't like the sensation of not knowing when (even a ballpark) it was going to be done. I'm sorry, but answering "When is it going to be done?" with "I don't know, sometime" (that's a paraphrase, but it's not too far off the mark) isn't the way to keep high dollar customers. $4K+ and that's the best answer I can get?

I contacted RudiStor and was given a definite time frame on an amp of similar price--no longer than a month from order time until it's shipped out. Unlike the black hole of unanswered emails that you get with HeadAmp, RudiStor actually contacts you with updates! Imagine that, treating the customer like their money means something
rolleyes.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #58 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the big difference between the two is that Rolls Royce and Ferrari will give you a delivery date that is more or less set, and I doubt if they refuse to divulge information when you ask how far along the car is.

I cancelled my Blue Hawaii SE because I didn't like the sensation of not knowing when (even a ballpark) it was going to be done. I'm sorry, but answering "When is it going to be done?" with "I don't know, sometime" (that's a paraphrase, but it's not too far off the mark) isn't the way to keep high dollar customers. $4K+ and that's the best answer I can get?

I contacted RudiStor and was given a definite time frame on an amp of similar price--no longer than a month from order time until it's shipped out. Unlike the black hole of unanswered emails that you get with HeadAmp, RudiStor actually contacts you with updates! Imagine that, treating the customer like their money means something
rolleyes.gif

You asked me to guarantee the amp to you within 30 days, I replied that I couldn't make that guarantee so I would send a refund. I didn't refuse to divulge any information. It was completely honest, I'm waiting for enclosures and I don't have a date on when they'll arrive. Then I sent you a PayPal refund of your deposit -- 3 hours after receiving your email. 3 days later, you emailed me again asking for a refund. I think there's a possibility you just didn't receive my emails, from me or from PayPal

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Feb 12, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #59 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You asked me to guarantee the amp to you within 30 days, I replied that I couldn't make that guarantee so I would send a refund. I didn't refuse to divulge any information. It was completely honest, I'm waiting for enclosures and I don't have a date on when they'll arrive. Then I sent you a PayPal refund of your deposit -- 3 hours after receiving your email. 3 days later, you emailed me again asking for a refund. I think there's a possibility you just didn't receive my emails, from me or from PayPal

I'll give props when props are due... Justin did refund my money very quickly, which is not always an easy thing to get out of people.

I guess it's possible that my junk mail filter caught some of your emails but not the others, but it would be unusual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back