Headamp... 3months of waiting
Dec 20, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #16 of 152
I think this problem is endemic to all high-end audio. From my own experience I've figured out that if you order high-end stuff directily from the manufacturer you're going to have to wait a LONG time. It's not just HeadAmp, it's everyone. I chalk it up to them really needing to hire extra help. I know it cuts into the profit margin, but I'm starting to get frustrated that paying for something that I don't get for months is the norm. There is stuff that I ordered this summer (not from Justin) that I still don't have.

That being said, I've always had good communication from Justin, so I'm going to assume that your case was just a fluke. Also, I'm sure that my Blue Hawaii SE will be an awesome amp... just wish I could know if I'll have it in the next six months.

Dec 20, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #17 of 152
I'm sorry. But the Man is working his Butt off. It's the Holiday's guys. Cut some slack. Your impatient. I understand. But this is a tiny industry. Not really a tick on the Audio clock(Audio itself is a small industry). He doesn't employ 50 people. With overhead versus demand. He probably has himself. And tons of overtime. So play nice!!!!

Dec 20, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #18 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry. But the Man is working his Butt off. It's the Holiday's guys. Cut some slack. Your impatient. I understand. But this is a tiny industry. Not really a tick on the Audio clock(Audio itself is a small industry). He doesn't employ 50 people. With overhead versus demand. He probably has himself. And tons of overtime. So play nice!!!!

I didn't mean to come off as picking on him... like I said, it's just what happens with all hi-fi manufacturers. I just wanted to give him a friendly nudge that he might want to get an assistant.

I'm sure that my amp will be totally worth the wait
wink.gif

Dec 20, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #19 of 152
Well he's a friend to the industry we all love. And he cares about quality. And his Customers. And you WILL enjoy his efforts.

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #20 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well he's a friend to the industry we all love. And he cares about quality. And his Customers. And you WILL enjoy his efforts.

Agreed on all points. I already enjoy my Gilmore Lite. My only concern is that my order was somehow missed and the $$$ lost to Paypal. I don't particularly care when I receive the unit so long as I know the order itself was not misplaced. That's what I haven't been able to find out.

Dec 21, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #21 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That being said, I've always had good communication from Justin, so I'm going to assume that your case was just a fluke. Also, I'm sure that my Blue Hawaii SE will be an awesome amp... just wish I could know if I'll have it in the next six months.

be optimistic. the Aristaeus only took a year or so to build.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #23 of 152
Keep in mind that emails can be buried or lost in the huge mass of emails HeadAmp gets daily. And emails can be filtered into the Spam box by mistake if you use a free email like Hotmail or Yahoo.

That said, calling by phone is a sure fire way to find info. He lists his number, if you have questions, call and ask away.
wink.gif

-Ed

Dec 22, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #24 of 152
From what I experience and have been heard, slowness is quite normal with headphone emp business. I can understand that as the economy scale is not there. Most of the vendors are pretty much one man operation.

Headamp and Justin are cool. The design, build quality, sound quality is absolutely top notch! Just look at the for sale section here and see how fast headamp gears being sold and how rarely they pop up you can get the general idea. But the wait time is long indeed, at least normally longer than the time posted.

Talk about true frustrating experience, I ordered a RAL cable for HD6x0 from Revelation Audio back in late Sept. and still have NOT got them!
frown.gif
Amps, I can understand because you have to sort all the parts from other vendors and timing can be hard to manage. But for a cable?!
confused.gif
I sternly warn anyone who are about to deal with this vendor.

Dec 22, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #25 of 152
I think some of us who are waiting for a GS-1 are getting a little frusrated because we ordered and paid for our amps before Pico pre-orders were even taken. Now Picos are starting to ship and we're still waiting. I know of another Head-Fier as well as myself who were in contact with Justin last month regarding our orders, so we know he hasn't lost them.

Dec 22, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #26 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Talk about true frustrating experience, I ordered a RAL cable for HD6x0 from Revelation Audio back in late Sept. and still have NOT got them!
frown.gif
Amps, I can understand because you have to sort all the parts from other vendors and timing can be hard to manage. But for a cable?!
confused.gif
I sternly warn anyone who are about to deal with this vendor...

AST: This is off topic but I had read similar posts on 'Gon about RAL taking a long time to deliver orders but decided to go ahead with a recable for my ED9's anyway. Brad answered every e-mail I sent within 24hrs or less. I shipped off my cans and had them back in my hands in less then a week. I could not be happier with the sound and my service as a first time customer. I still read the occasional thread about long waits from RAL and scratch my head on how I faired so well? Best of luck. When you do get your cable I am sure you will love it!

Dec 22, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #27 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Millheim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
......recable for my ED9's anyway. Brad answered every e-mail I sent within 24hrs or less. I shipped off my cans and had them back in my hands in less then a week. I could not be happier with the sound and my service as a first time customer......

I think you are extremely lucky! The stellar service you had is not the norm from I experience and read.

Dec 22, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #28 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't mean to come off as picking on him... like I said, it's just what happens with all hi-fi manufacturers. I just wanted to give him a friendly nudge that he might want to get an assistant.

I'm sure that my amp will be totally worth the wait
wink.gif

He could get 10 assistants, but are you and everyone else willing to pay a few hundred more per amp? Assistants don't work for free.

Dec 22, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #29 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think some of us who are waiting for a GS-1 are getting a little frusrated because we ordered and paid for our amps before Pico pre-orders were even taken. Now Picos are starting to ship and we're still waiting. I know of another Head-Fier as well as myself who were in contact with Justin last month regarding our orders, so we know he hasn't lost them.

I don't blame you for that. I would feel the same way. I am sure he's working hard to make sure everyone gets everything as quickly as possible though. He probably just got all the parts for the Pico before the GS-1.

Dec 22, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #30 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He could get 10 assistants, but are you and everyone else willing to pay a few hundred more per amp? Assistants don't work for free.

I'm already paying over $4,000, so the answer is yes. A few hundred more would be fine if it got my amp here on time... I was supposed to have it by now, and the last time I talked to Justin he said it probably wouldn't even be here in January.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back