Head fiers who have disappeared!!??
Sep 11, 2005 at 10:44 AM Post #46 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Hey man, I forgot what thread it was...

but it showed you as a "guest" it was weird...like it was your name and all but "guest" interesting...

I took a little break for a while which started my post count all over again. I kind of like it that way, so most of the new members have no clue about my sarcastic nature.
cool.gif

Sep 11, 2005 at 10:46 AM Post #47 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo-1
Well, what RX-8 owner wouldn't be.
wink.gif
One of the biggest gripes the '8 owners have is that the HP is a wee bit on the weak side considering the competition (the other is probably the gas mileage
redface.gif
). We're all hoping Mazda will do something that's closer to what the FD3S twin sequential turbo RX-7 was capable of. In a way it's a shame that the obvious answer is forced induction...I for one would really like to see it hit closer to 300 HP but remain naturally aspirated, just to stay true to the rotary's smooth, high revving nature. Going with 20Bs would be the way to go, I don't see 3 rotors happening too soon since it's much harder to get the balance right with the ecentric shaft vs. two rotors.

Agreed, there might be problems keeping the eliptical/eccentric shaft in balance with that adapter, but I think that Mazda could easily overcome any possible downsides, considering the sidewalls and rotors of the Renesis should be much more yielding to any upgrading, at least power wise- if it makes 240 with a six speed manual with no boost, imagine what 3 woudl do, more than likely put it over the 300 mark, my estimation would be near 330-350 horsepower if done right, and it wouldn't hurt Mazda to try, IMO. A beefier spec RX-8 would be a very welcome thing, much like a tricked out Monaro/GTO(they should have kept the looks of the 2004-2005 model, IMO
biggrin.gif
), Cadillac CTS-V, Dodge SRT-#, or BMW M car. If I could afford to, that would be high on my list when I get rich
smily_headphones1.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Sep 11, 2005 at 12:01 PM Post #48 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai
nice to see you. Well the gear you have is enough actually.

Hey, this is head-fi... that's blasphemy!
lambda.gif

Actually I could really use a good standalone CDP, and an amp for my turntable setup. Other than that, I'm fairly happy. A few more headphones too, maybe...

Sep 11, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #50 of 62
After I got my Stax rig, I didn't really need to learn much else about headphones, so my posting has dropped way off.

I spend all my money on clothes now.
plainface.gif

Sep 12, 2005 at 5:35 AM Post #51 of 62
I haven't read or posted at head-fi for over 3 months and the moment the page pops up I see this limited edition Grado phone at the top. Now I can see why people try to avoid this forum.

Sep 12, 2005 at 10:52 PM Post #52 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twigs
I haven't read or posted at head-fi for over 3 months and the moment the page pops up I see this limited edition Grado phone at the top. Now I can see why people try to avoid this forum.

stole the words out of my mouth. right out.

Sep 13, 2005 at 12:00 AM Post #53 of 62
This may sound weird but I never really joined this place until 48 days ago and It's damned strange and confusing when I read some of my posts prior to 48 days ago.... don't want to go into detail but I've been away for a long time even though I've apparantly been here for three years.

As I say, this probably doesn't make a lot of sense but to me it does and as each day passes I'm glad I made the decision I did even though it feels like I've taken one step forward and two steps back at times but that's to be expected and part and parcel of the process "apparantly".

Mike.

Sep 13, 2005 at 12:04 AM Post #54 of 62
Hey pinkie, roll me one of those, wouldya ?
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #57 of 62
Yes Mike, i know what you mean and I am also very glad you made that important decision in you life. Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 14, 2005 at 5:35 PM Post #58 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
where is LINDRONE?

Lindrone is a quite long date miss now , disappeared around may 2005 if I well recall ( search will give the exact date ) , all I know is he had some things to care about in life ... and I'm quite confident he'll posting return a day .

Jul 5, 2021 at 1:07 AM Post #59 of 62
Headphones are still fun. Admittedly though I rarely listen to them since my speakers are more fun.

And in my situation, I can play my speakers anytime. Even at 3 AM since my living area is pleasantly isolated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back