Head fiers who have disappeared!!??
Sep 9, 2005 at 6:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

hentai

1000+ Head-Fier
From last year till now i have realised some head fiers seemed to have disappeared , never see them posting in the forum namely commando , fewtch, rizumu who seems to disappear after his last msg to me about the etymotic which never reach singapore. Some folks are banned and some folks are satisfied with their gears or avoid head fi to save their wallet.

What other reasons for their disappearances ? Death? Banned? Satisfied? Salvation of his wallet? Pissed off with the forum?

Sep 9, 2005 at 8:51 AM Post #2 of 62
Ixne, on the Annedbe.
wink.gif

-Ed

Sep 9, 2005 at 9:01 AM Post #3 of 62
...Or they could be simply taking a break. We aren't meant to discussed Bn'd members here, and IMO it's a waste of time. But I'm just as curious as you are sometimes where the good 'ol boys are, because they've gotta be around somewhere. Hell, I wonder if anyone will make a thread titled "What happened to Seeberg(Abe)?" when I go on hiatus soon-and it will be soon, there's just a few loose ends to tie up before I take a major break, and one of them happens to be reuniting with a friend (a cute redhead girl I haven't seen or heard from in three long years. But anyway, if I'm worried, perhaps I should email/PM some of them, although I haven't really missed anyone yet
blink.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Sep 9, 2005 at 12:03 PM Post #5 of 62
Neruda....he vanished into thin air.

Sep 9, 2005 at 1:35 PM Post #7 of 62
I miss KR...

Sep 9, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #8 of 62
One of the nicest and most informative guys on this forum has disappeared and without his input / ideas the DIY forum is not the same place it once was.... I don't know where he is (hope he's ok) maybe he's just taking a break, maybe other factors caused him to leave... who knows...

Head-Fi has changed / evolved (or maybe devolved depending on your viewpoint) and maybe some people have just "moved on".......

Wherever you old timers are I hope all is well with you (if you're reading this)

Sep 9, 2005 at 2:34 PM Post #9 of 62
Sometimes life gets in the way of participation. People stop participating for various reasons, and only they can answer why. For that purpose this thread can continue. However, in reference to elrod-tom's sticky at the top of this forum, any speculation relative to banned individuals will cause this thread to close immediately.
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
One of the nicest and most informative guys on this forum has disappeared and without his input / ideas the DIY forum is not the same place it once was.... I don't know where he is (hope he's ok) maybe he's just taking a break, maybe other factors caused him to leave... who knows...

If you are speaking of whom I think you are speaking of, he is fine.

Sep 9, 2005 at 2:37 PM Post #10 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
Sometimes life gets in the way of participation. People stop participating for various reasons, and only they can answer why. For that purpose this thread can continue. However, in reference to elrod-tom's sticky at the top of this forum, any speculation relative to banned individuals will cause this thread to close immediately.
If you are speaking of whom I think you are speaking of, he is fine.

JMT , well i try to avoid talking about why banned folks are banned. Rest assured

Sep 9, 2005 at 3:45 PM Post #12 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
I miss KR...

Me too, i met him at a NY meet and he was an all-around nice guy. I don't recall seeing bootman post much lately as well.

Sep 9, 2005 at 4:50 PM Post #13 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
I am a first-generation Head-Fi'er, one of the elders from a somewhat older tribe called HeadWizers. My people brought to these once young shores good content, and we taught our younger generations how to also cultivate good content. The rapid growth of the younger generations has, however, outstripped the elders' capacity to spread the wisdom of good content cultivation as efficiently as once we did, and, thus, the passing of our ancient traditions of creating good content has not spread as effectively as once it did. But, lo, most belonging to the younger generations who stay eventually learn to stray from the useless ramblings of the teachings of Mertonism, IRCism and Ban'ism, and eventually cultivate good content, and thus age into productive Head-Fi elders. And so the cycle goes.

Occasionally, our tribe does lose productive citizens, to other outside interests, work, and/or the discovery of chicks (as many in our tribe are of the young dude gender). Eventually, those that stray often find their way back to the class A warmth of our amplifiers, and those who do not banish themselves to lives of low fidelity.

This is Head-Fi. Deal with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me personally, I think people just get bored. There's only so many times you can say the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over . . . and over. My "helpful" posts play out like a broken record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back