Head fiers who have disappeared!!??
Sep 10, 2005 at 5:09 AM Post #31 of 62
I haven't been here nearly as long as others but there are some members whose humor is sorely missed (by me at least).
It's simply the nature of forums; they are like places to which people come and from which they leave.
Enjoy the present and try not to dwell on the past. Nostalgia only gets you so far. Take it from one who is nostalgia prone.
plainface.gif

CPW

Sep 10, 2005 at 8:58 AM Post #32 of 62
I find it strange to come home and see this thread. I was just today thinking about usc goose, and thinking I hadn't seen a post by him in a long time. Then I see this thread and a post by "The Goose".
To top that off is a post by Flasken!!!!! I hadn't seen him in so long I forgot that he existed.
biggrin.gif

I can sleep better tonight, thanks for making this thread.

Sep 10, 2005 at 4:03 PM Post #33 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai
From last year till now i have realised some head fiers seemed to have disappeared , never see them posting in the forum namely commando , fewtch,

You called, sir?
wink.gif

Speaking for myself, I've been sorta burned out on discussing audio... and my wallet's healthier when I stay away from here, too...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 10, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #34 of 62
I'm back! [size=xx-small]JIC anyone missed me...[/size]

Sep 11, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #35 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
You called, sir?
wink.gif

Speaking for myself, I've been sorta burned out on discussing audio... and my wallet's healthier when I stay away from here, too...
very_evil_smiley.gif

nice to see you. Well the gear you have is enough actually.

Sep 11, 2005 at 7:36 AM Post #37 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepkyng
it... ah... can't do this drunk...

give me hours

Smart boy
tongue.gif

Sep 11, 2005 at 9:05 AM Post #40 of 62
I've been lurking and doing more reading than writing. Just mostly been busy with life, not really enough time anymore to type up long intellectual responses to long discussions. Haven't really been doing much headphone listening myself either, having finished off my headphone system and having gotten into other hobbies. Like, for instance, getting on to a long stretch of road and listening to the sweet scream of a rotary engine at redline.
icon10.gif

Sep 11, 2005 at 9:12 AM Post #41 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRESCENDOPOWER
Hey, just so no moderators think I’m thread crapping if MacDEF comes back I’ll pay for mine, and his contributing membership (BOLD TYPE) for as long as he is here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey man, I forgot what thread it was...

but it showed you as a "guest" it was weird...like it was your name and all but "guest" interesting...

Sep 11, 2005 at 9:17 AM Post #42 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo-1
...Like, for instance, getting on to a long stretch of road and listening to the sweet scream of a rotary engine at redline.
icon10.gif

(sorry about derailing the thread for a sec) You're a rotary engine fan too? Hey hey!! My dream car would involve putting a 20B(3 rotor) turbo in a Caterham Super 7
smily_headphones1.gif
I can just drool over the possibilty of ultra-light weight and screaming hi-revving power at my feet, it's either that or I find a way to adapt an OS Wankel-30 to a Go-Ped, maybe two joined together
biggrin.gif
What do you drive with a rotary, btw?

580smile.gif
Abe

Sep 11, 2005 at 9:42 AM Post #43 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
(sorry about derailing the thread for a sec) You're a rotary engine fan too? Hey hey!! My dream car would involve putting a 20B(3 rotor) turbo in a Caterham Super 7
smily_headphones1.gif
I can just drool over the possibilty of ultra-light weight and screaming hi-revving power at my feet, it's either that or I find a way to adapt an OS Wankel-30 to a Go-Ped, maybe two joined together
biggrin.gif
What do you drive with a rotary, btw?

580smile.gif
Abe

Well just last year I picked up an RX-8. It's pretty funny because when I bought the car, I didn't know beans about the rotary engine. I did do some research, knew it ate gas and oil like the Cookie Monster devours cookies, knew it had some problems with flooding, knew you have to be anal about warming it up. I didn't even test drive it all that much, what mostly convinced me to get the car was when the salesman drove me around a circular carousel, which exerted some pretty insane g's on the passenger side. I was pretty set on getting a Mazda since I loved all of their car's styling, but that little stunt he pulled totally convinced me to go with the RX-8.

But now...god I love the rotary engine to no end. I love the spirit of aiming higher that you can feel through the engine. And I love Mazda dearly for having the balls to go through with developing this engine that just personifies the spirit of driving. I mean if people asked me what I like most about the car, I'd say without hesitation the engine. Not its looks, not its handling, although I do love these things too. The engine is what makes it all come together though. The incredible balance, the high degree of connection between the driver, the car, and the road...the RX-8 wouldn't even be the way it is without the Renesis to center around. It's so ridiculously fun in how you can rev it high all day long and it doesn't break a sweat. And the sweet little lulling burble at idle, ending in that beautiful roaring scream at redline...

Yeah, you'll have to excuse me for not being into headphones lately.
tongue.gif

Sep 11, 2005 at 9:50 AM Post #44 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo-1
...Yeah, you'll have to excuse me for not being into headphones lately.
tongue.gif

So I take it you'd also be enthused by the idea of a triple-rotor Reneisis then? If the kit that converts a 20B were available to a Reneisis setup, and add a turbocharger/supercharger to that, all I can say is
eek.gif
that would be most excellent, it's either that or something that runs Biodesel and as still sporty, as I'm a big fan of that too.

580smile.gif
Abe

Sep 11, 2005 at 10:18 AM Post #45 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
So I take it you'd also be enthused by the idea of a triple-rotor Reneisis then?

Well, what RX-8 owner wouldn't be.
wink.gif
One of the biggest gripes the '8 owners have is that the HP is a wee bit on the weak side considering the competition (the other is probably the gas mileage
redface.gif
). We're all hoping Mazda will do something that's closer to what the FD3S twin sequential turbo RX-7 was capable of. In a way it's a shame that the obvious answer is forced induction...I for one would really like to see it hit closer to 300 HP but remain naturally aspirated, just to stay true to the rotary's smooth, high revving nature. Going with 20Bs would be the way to go, I don't see 3 rotors happening too soon since it's much harder to get the balance right with the ecentric shaft vs. two rotors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back