Head-Fi'ers Mobile Phone Choice
Jun 1, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #63 of 95
any of you on nokia music phone (xpress music, s60...) how is the sound? plenty loud? good with A2DP? any comparisons to walkman phone?

i ask 'cos i just switched to the 5800, i'm hoping it sounds great but tbh i went back to nokia for the signal... though i'm reading alot of "iphone vs 5800" & quite pleased (i also plumped for this 'cos it's cheaper)

i'll find out meself when it's charged
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #65 of 95
Quote:

any of you on nokia music phone (xpress music, s60...) how is the sound?

Just in case if you're interesting, SQ on my docomo SH-01A is pretty good. Maybe even on par with zune 120 (however i can't be even a little sure because i haven't listened much music on sh-01a).

Jun 1, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #66 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by EEXO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to have the P1i, love the keyboard. Best physical keyboard ever. Pity it's gone with the P1i.

The software on the other hand is disappointing.

try a blackberry, just not the storm, then we'll talk keyboards.

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #67 of 95
I did some sort of improvised wrap-up of the 5800's sound here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/mo...ml#post5643145

I must say, I do appreciate it's sound quite a bit more by now. It's not like it "burns in" or anything, but it does definitely grow on you! It sounds really good for a phone and those situations where one uses a phone for music listening.

I changed from the Sony-Ericsson W810i, which was great fun to listen to – aggresive, characteristic, dynamic. The 5800 is much more laid back, warmer, and also somewhat more natural in it's presentation. Also, less fun, as I mention in the link above. Having listened to iPhones, several Sony-Ericsson models, and quite a few Nokias, I must say it's definitely in the uppermost part of the top league – although not really comparable with a good quality DAP.

I would not recommend it for any kind of serious listening, that's what proper portable players are for (although it does outdo certain iPods, imho). But I do withhold that it is a very nice phone, especially for the money spent, and it's sound quality and music presentation is absolutely enjoyable.

Something to watch out for though, if you're used to handhelds, is that the 5800 is pretty slow to react, compared to the newer HTC models and iPhones. I know some people find it disturbingly slow. Technostress, if you ask me, but nevertheless...

Jun 2, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #68 of 95
Ive got the Nokia E63, awesome phone for the price! Headphone out is alright, its got some hiss, but its barely noticeable with music playing.

Jun 2, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #69 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by limin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try a blackberry, just not the storm, then we'll talk keyboards.

Which of those in your opinion has the best blackberry keyboard?

Jun 19, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #72 of 95
The new LG KM900 ARENA phone is awesome too! It has beautiful looking and fun to use interface. It's a great music player as well.

Jun 20, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #74 of 95
Has anyone tried the new Sony Ericsson W995? It is the latest from the walkman series, has an excellent 8.1 MP camera and from some reviews I have read considered to have the best sound quality from a phone ("better than the iphone and equal to sony pmp"). The reviewer compared it using a shure 530 but I can't remember which site it was.

Jun 24, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #75 of 95
I had an E71 for a year. It's a fantastic phone, the web browser and email got some heavy usage. I actually loaded songs on it but I never found myself listening to music on it. I always opted for my iPod. I just upgraded to a N97 and I'm starting to leave my iPod at home. The 3.5mm jack is convenient, and the music quality is ok for casual listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back