Head-Fi'ers Mobile Phone Choice
May 15, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #16 of 95
sonyericsson P1i for normal use and a sonyericsson w350i for when i want small and no ipod.

becasue every time ive bought a phone that isnt an ericsson ive not liked it. nokias are over simplified to the point of annoyance except s60 which is clunky and crap. motorolas i tend to not hate but they just unreliable and buggy as hell. panasonic sharp etc are just urgh.

i like how ericssons work

May 16, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #17 of 95
iphone 3G here; love it, I use the email and web frequently as well as watching movies on plane trips or stopovers etc. plus the SQ is actualy very good, whether it be via HP out or LO its one of the best ipods available. actually I prefer its SQ to any other non-modded ipod.call quality is superb as well

May 16, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #18 of 95
Nokia e71. Its sexy, sleek, and smart. Its a great phone. Except for the crappy camera and the 2.5 mm headphone jack. but that's what the slr and ipod is for right? Symbian60 is just awesome with this phone. And it has apps, but it's still can't trumph the iphone in that section.

EDIT: the keyboard is a little small, but as with all phones, you get accustomed to using it and typing on the keyboard. Take the iphone for example. A lot of people couldn't type three words without making a mistake. but now everyone is so accustomed to it and its natural for them to type on the touch screen keyboard of the iphone now.

May 16, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #20 of 95
Blackberry Pearl. I do not use it for music, and just wanted a smartphone with a small-ish form and great integration with my laptop vis-a-vis calender and to do list and whatnot. Blackberry ft the bill, and the pearl is small enough.

I looked at the storm, and almost compromised the size for the touchscreen, but that thing was just annoying. The click greatly slowed down typing, and there were some bugs. Maybe next version I will switch.

Oh, and I am on Verizon, hence no iPhone.

-nkk

May 16, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #21 of 95
I have a relatively simple Nokia 7205 Intrigue on Verizon Wireless. I use it for calling and texting only, no music although supposedly it has a decent music player. I may try the music player when my iPod touch dies (only a matter of time). Of course that means I need a 2.5mm -> 3.5mm adapter . . . grr.

May 16, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #23 of 95
Ugh,

My other weakness...

Currently contracted, I have - an iPhone 3G, a Nokia N85, and Sony Ericsson C905 and Xperia X1...

...Each one of them has a time and a place in my working week...

May 16, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #24 of 95
I'm oldschool....no music on my phone & I barely use it for texts, let alone browsing. My personal favourite (still use it & love it to bits): Nokia 7110. The so-called 'Matrix phone' (tho my love of it has nothing to do with the film).

Simply a beauty.

May 16, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #25 of 95
nokia n70. the best feature for me is that u can set alarm on and then turn off the phone (its bad for your health when the cellphone is left turned on overnight, headaches can occur and so on) and in the morning it turnes on by itself. haha
wink.gif

May 16, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #26 of 95
Nokia N95, 5800, and N80. I go through mobile phones like crazy, but my primary device is my N95. I never listen to audio from the headphone jack as there is a noticeable hiss, but the speakers on it are amazing. Given that Nokia S60 devices can have built in Last.fm support (mobbler) and internet radio (any .pls file) WITH a very good camera, I will only use them as my primary phone.

May 16, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #27 of 95
Nokia 5220 as backup player. Pretty good sound, microSDHC support (8 GB here), great features (except for the camera, which I don't use much), 3.5mm jack (no clumsy adapters needed), sleek design and great price.

May 17, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #28 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by prone2phone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nokia n70. the best feature for me is that u can set alarm on and then turn off the phone (its bad for your health when the cellphone is left turned on overnight, headaches can occur and so on) and in the morning it turnes on by itself. haha
wink.gif

And you can direct me to research articles and other supporting evidence for that, right?
rolleyes.gif

-Nkk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back