Head-Fi Younguns Check-in!
Sep 30, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #226 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
19 years old atm and moving out of "teens" this November. The amount I've spent is pretty monstrous and I try to forget about it by listening to more music. I'm pretty much finished though. I have reached a certain milestone in my Head-Fi journey where the urge to upgrade isn't so big. Then again, I am dying for a pair of Lambda Signatures... that's another $400-500
frown.gif
It never ends does it?

Im nearly ready to say that lol, When i get my Complimenatary LiveWires, i will see if i need/want an amp (probably not) and ill grab that souncard from my dad, and maybe a pair of closed cans, but depends if i like the LW's at my desk with the PC.....I think photography will be my next hobby.....when my rigs are perfect (nearly there, cant wait to hear the Comp. LW's though!)

I am getting a 22" screen though, and a 500+gb disk when i have the cash....

-= Matt =-

Oct 1, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #227 of 317
19 here...got an internship during high school...worked and worked...spent 2.5K on audio gear...about 6k on computer gear + upgrades...college without a job...no new gear...FUN RIDE!
biggrin.gif
Hoping to get an internship with some HVAC company to fund new amp/dac/headphone/cable/source/fancy stand purchases
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #228 of 317
Does 21 count? Well to be honest, I don't think I feel much different to when I had my 18th birthday...

I joined last year, and bought some E2C for about £50 which was a lot of money for me (for headphones). After a years use, I found them a little uncomfortable and not a good enough fit, and I was planning to spend £100 on new earphones. Them someone reccomended the livewires, and I was very intrigued. Of course it cost me about £140 with the impressions/shipping and the livewires. Never thought I would spend that much
biggrin.gif
I know compared to most, it's not much (but I prefer spending on records/cds rather than equipment).

Oct 2, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #230 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OOps, wrong thread-sorry.

the lack of an "EDIT" proves that you are indeed in the right thread!
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

anyways, i just realized i'm turning 22 this year... O_O... I'M SO OLD
biggrin.gif

i dunno if that counts me as a young'n but whatever. all my information is in my sig... and i'm far from done! maybe a new DAP, portable amp, IEMs, LISA III, new home source and desktop amp, and maybe some new headphones...
blink.gif

Oct 5, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #231 of 317
15... Went crazy these past 3 months and spent a ton (at least to me) on audio gear... God... I'm so lucky I don't have a job or at least 80% would've gone to this hobby LOL my friends think I'm crazy...

Oct 5, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #232 of 317
15 here and debating when to dive in because myfeet are just barely wet

I always have been able to tell if something sounds like mud or scratchy with music, I was on another site and someone had a set of hd600 in their sig, I looked them up, learned about sennheiser, was thinking of getting a gaming headset from them, then I searched headphone and you came up.

The problem is I also have a weakness to photography and I am in the process of saving up for a dslr and some lenses over the next year or two

Oct 5, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #234 of 317
I'm 20 years old. JUST got into "hi" or "head" - "fi" if you will.. I've spent a lot already, I can't count.

I'm self employed, and have been since I was 16. I paid cash for my car, and everything I buy. The sky's the limit when it comes to how much I CAN spend, however it seems I don't like spending it all.. I'm saving for a house.
600smile.gif

I've been in and out of college, going solely for "technical" certificates, which are just classes in the interested degree. ie. I chose Business Administration. My schedule included nothing but Business classes; Accounting, Financial Operations, Management etc. No English, History or "junk" classes I don't REALLY need. These certificates are essentially the same thing as degree's, minus the extended time. A technical certificate can be had in as little as one year.

I excelled in High School (lots of A.P. and Honors classes) and felt "College" English wasn't helping me.. so I looked elsewhere, and found out about these "certificates".

Enough about me... who's next?

-Nick
600smile.gif

Oct 5, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #235 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
733t = Leet = Elite. Man are you behind the times.
tongue.gif

YOU are behind the times, in 1337 speak the 1 subtitutes the "L" and the 7 substitutes the "T". So you did spell "Teet", that is, if one can concider 1337 to have valid spelling and grammar rules.

Anyway, I'm 17 and already have a love/hate relationship with this forum becouse I'm going to order a Kenwood Player, Supermicro and ER4P's (to become "s" when the amp arrives
tongue.gif
) at the end of the month.
I'm also saving op for a proper home setup. (work my ass off stacking boxes for a supermarket)

Oct 5, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #237 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zayeem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YOU are behind the times, in 1337 speak the 1 subtitutes the "L" and the 7 substitutes the "T". So you did spell "Teet", that is, if one can concider 1337 to have valid spelling and grammar rules.

Anyway, I'm 17 and already have a love/hate relationship with this forum becouse I'm going to order a Kenwood Player, Supermicro and ER4P's (to become "s" when the amp arrives
tongue.gif
) at the end of the month.
I'm also saving op for a proper home setup. (work my ass off stacking boxes for a supermarket)

Glad you searched through a 5 month old thread to quote my original post.
tongue.gif
(You missed the sarcasm in it, but that's understandable).

Oct 9, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #238 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I almost regret admitting it, I am 15 but will be 16 in about a month.
Didn't see that coming, did you?

Well, it's true. How much have I spent so far? Much, much more than I would have liked to. I'm going to guesstimate over $6000. Under that when factoring in selling equipment. Am I "done"? Right now I'd love to think so, and thats what my ears are telling me right now, but my setup is still very new, so I don't know how long it will stay this way.

I hope this admission doesn't lessen the weight of my opinion in the eyes of the older folks around here.
rs1smile.gif

Not at all.
blink.gif

tongue.gif

I'm recently turned 16, myself. Lurked for quite a while as a regular at AK, but have slowly migrated here more and more...
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 29, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #240 of 317
Hi, my name is Jayon and I've been drinking for 10 years. I have a problem. Oh! wrong room? well i'm 15 and I've spent about 350 on audio gear. (excluding computer) If it was up to me, and not my parents, I would have spent much more.

A question, how do you guys get to buy so much? My parents don't let me use their credit cards often and there arent many audiophile stores near me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back