Head-Fi Younguns Check-in!
Aug 13, 2007 at 11:27 AM Post #211 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm 33, fat, and drunk.

Thank you for your time.

ROFL!! I'll be 18 next month and I keep telling myself that ALL my money has to get saved for college, but somehow I managed to slip in the building of a Mini^3!
wink.gif
Can't wait for Head-Fest 2008!

Aug 13, 2007 at 12:10 PM Post #212 of 317
I'm 13 and have spent about $300 on my portable setup. Worked for all of it, things sound so much better that way
tongue.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 12:13 PM Post #213 of 317
^ Wow. That's as early as when I started.

Just turned 15, with roughly about USD1000 spent already (if I am calculating correctly). It's probably time for me to stop buying and start building amps.

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #214 of 317
im 23 and this thread makes me feel old... i was into headphones since i was around 16 tho when i heard a pair of AKG's (K301's i think) at guitar center

Aug 13, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #216 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm 33, fat, and drunk.

Thank you for your time.

Some here ARE fat and drunk. So your situation ain't too bad.

Sep 29, 2007 at 9:34 AM Post #217 of 317
Im 14. 15 next january.....I had CX300's used them a lot on holiday, then started to hate the ammount of bass, so my search led me here, from anythingbutipod, where i chose my Zen Vision M.....i then found the ER6i's!

Im not a propper audiophile, i just like to make music sound how I like it to sound....

So far i have spent only £26 = $52 (used er6i's)....

i love their sound sig, but want them a little warmer...I am going to get a J Seaber CMoy with bass boost, (for the very few songs i like that need lots of bass), and a warm opamp.....and a Zen Vision M LOD, if i like the sound, i plan to buy/get:

22" PC Screen (Xmas, I Hope)
Soundcard (Blag My Dads Old One...)
Shure Olives (Free, I Hope)
Headphone Splitter (For line out to speakers & line out to amp input )
Possibly Some ER6i "Sounding" Closed Cans? (For Amp & PC Use)

That should make both my rigs sound exactly how i like them to......BUT:

Im the sort of person who saves money for a rainy day (i dont know why, cus i never spend it!) I dont like to let my bank balance drop below £100 = $200, and its on the line at the moment.....thats why i was on such a tight budget for my ER6i's!

AND

I love the hobby, but i cant always afford what i want, well i can, just cant fully justify it, as i dont know if i will notice a difference (which generally i think i would, just worried) And parents are another problem, my dad thinks im mad.....but hey, its my hobby!

-= Matt =-

Sep 29, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #219 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if I'm 18 now, do I still count as a Youngun?
tongue.gif

If you're still 18 at heart then I'd definitly say so.
tongue.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #220 of 317
17 here(18 in November). Think I was a sophomore when I joined though. I found the forum because of a thread about making a case for your Zen Micro out of an altoids tin. My parents' wallets are probably what ended up lighter though since the money I spend comes from my allowance and not a job.

Sep 30, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #221 of 317
I am 18, in college, and have about 1.5k in audio gear and once christmas comes I will be buying myself way too much more.

I wish I was as young as some of ya'll when I started. I'd probably would have had santa make buy me new amps/phone/and cables. haha. I am still going to try to sucker out a pair of speakers for christmas though. Santa can make audiophile speakers right? haha. I know he is out of stock for k1000s though. haha.

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #222 of 317
Just turned 15
tongue.gif

How much I spent is in my sig. Not TOO bad considering I worked for that money
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually its about $440 because of the SuperMicro IV THAT HASN'T COME YET! My 15 year old patience is wear thin. Teenagers these days...
tongue.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #223 of 317
Well, I'm 20. Started to dive in audiophile world about early this year.

Not much into headphones, more into speakers and I like to mod existing things that I have instead of buying new one. The reason is I don't like how my Klipsch sound at first, but I think it can be improved, I feel there's some quality in it (actually I don't have much money left
rolleyes.gif
)

It's all started with a song I heard last year...a song that I haven't heard for 6 years

Sep 30, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #224 of 317
19 years old atm and moving out of "teens" this November. The amount I've spent is pretty monstrous and I try to forget about it by listening to more music. I'm pretty much finished though. I have reached a certain milestone in my Head-Fi journey where the urge to upgrade isn't so big. Then again, I am dying for a pair of Lambda Signatures... that's another $400-500
frown.gif
It never ends does it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back