Head-Fi Younguns Check-in!
Feb 21, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #108 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, being something of a tight git myself, I have to ask how you manage to justify your headphone purchases, 'cause I need some tips!

1) Buy used, in other words, buy off these forums most of the time
2) Only buy things that are in sale i.e mainly clothes
3) Always try to get mates to pay for things. If you think you're gonna be skint by going out, then don't go out. Got to pinch those pennies for the next purchase whenever that maybe.
4) Should be pretty obvious but only buy stuff if you think you're really want it and going to like it. This explains why my CD collection is so meagre. I'm sure most of us would consider our audio equipment to be a necessity but is all of it needed?
5) Don't smoke and don't drink, although some oldies might pop-in and clip me around the ear for the latter remark
orphsmile.gif

6) Sell stuff you don't need.

Feb 21, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #109 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Teet hacker? Never heard that one before.

733t = Leet = Elite. Man are you behind the times.
tongue.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #111 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I'm blown away by the ages of some of the posters in this thread, not because of financial reasons, but based on levels of maturity and the eloquence of your verbiage (sorry I didn't mean to sound pretentious there, I just couldnt think of a better way to say it).
I deal with 14-18 year olds every day of the week and none (well, very few) could hold a candle to the way that many of you here debate, explain yourselves, and in general, communicate with the others on the board. I'm under the impression that, audio as a hobby, draws in those who are above average intelligence. This is a general observation and Im not trying to stereotype, but I'm just pleased to see that 17, 16, heck even 14 year olds here are able to express themselves so well. The posts of most of the members that posted in this thread would better the communcation skills of many adults in my area.
I guess Im an old man here at 26, but it gives me hope that the younger generation aren't all morons.
wink.gif

Touche'
28 here 29 in april...8p

Feb 21, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #113 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

frown.gif
I fear the worst for our generation.

Feb 21, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #115 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by *645-k701 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone confirm the licence plate on steve mcqueen's bike..
from "The Great Escape"
If it's 1337 ill poop myself.

wink.gif

The-Great-Escape---Steve-McQueen--C10007219.jpeg

Feb 21, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #117 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jPoDTGN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's 1337. YOU are behind the times....

I always thought 7 was T, but according to Wikipedia it also counts as L. So, theoretically, 7337/733t is teet AND leet. And according to Urban Dictionary, 733t is only used by people between the ages of 11 and 15. This slang stuff is awfully complicated...

Feb 21, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #118 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitebread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since: 09-16-2002 to be exact. Damn, its been a LONG time. I was 14 when I joined!

Wow, IM 14, and my BIRTHDAY is 9-16.

Feb 21, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #119 of 317
Hmm..lurked around for a long time...finally decided to drop some cash on a DAP and good IEMs after doing ALOT of research on this forum particularly...I'm 19..turning 20 soon. Just recently dropp approx..$400CDN

Feb 22, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #120 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always thought 7 was T, but according to Wikipedia it also counts as L. So, theoretically, 7337/733t is teet AND leet. And according to Urban Dictionary, 733t is only used by people between the ages of 11 and 15. This slang stuff is awfully complicated...

I've never seen anyone use a 7 as an "L" and i'm pretty proficient in leet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back