Head-Fi Younguns Check-in!
Feb 22, 2007 at 11:55 AM Post #137 of 317
Im 14, didnt spent that lot of money on equipment, got it on birthdays and at christmas...

Jacob

Feb 22, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #138 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by minusflo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am amazed. I don't want to speculate that 9 out of 10 are lying about their age. Young people here are very good debaters...really!

From now on, I will nickname this forum as "GEEK-FI".

Hey now, calm down there. Not all of us are geeks
tongue.gif

istockphoto_172427_geek_series_1.jpg

Feb 22, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #139 of 317
18 here. I too am impressed with the ages of--not to mention money spent by--many of the people here. While I would like to say this community is the most articulate, thoughtful, and educated of any of the forums I browse on a regular basis, that distinction has to go to CandlePowerForums (however, their median age seems to be far higher than it is here; and besides, how aggressively can you argue about flashlights, anyway?). Regardless, Head-Fi proudly gets runner-up in my books.

Feb 23, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #141 of 317
I'm 20, so maybe pushing the definition of young (maybe
biggrin.gif
), and so far the total is around $400, but that has all been money from various academic prize money and jobs. I got upgradetitus with the shure e2c and had to go to the e4c (poor seal with the e2c), but apart from that I'm done, until my collection is all cds there is no point in further upgrades.

Seeing the age of some of the posters here was quite surprising though!

Oh and how could I forget! I found this site all thanks to a trip to the Sony store of all places. I saw some Sony E888 earbuds (I think, I can't clearly remember) and wanted to see if they were worth it, so I fired up google and that was that
biggrin.gif
. I must say though, thanks to this forum listening to music became much more enjoyable. I found head-fi in 2003 and lurked until I had a question about that chaintech soundcard everyone was getting excited about in the beginning of 2005!

Feb 23, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #142 of 317
HAHA!

Youngest Head-Fi'er at 13!!!
icon10.gif

Its so hard to buy things! No-one takes me seriously in shops... They just think I'm a little kid who wants to play with the machines and push the buttons or something... Once my voice breaks (and consequently, people take me seriously) I'll go on a shopping spree to celebrate!

Feb 23, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #145 of 317
ive just turned 19 on February the 5th and ive been to the liquor store 3 times already and bought 3 lottery tickets! OMGOSH! im in canada btw=) BUT since ive joined HF, i didnt go as crazy as some 12 year old do... like$500 in a month or something. just have mx400,ksc75,ep630 and bought/returned k81 & fx33s. maybe thats because my parents never let me have a credit card
or else....................
...i'd still have no money to buy anything anyways =(

Feb 25, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #147 of 317
I'm 15. I've spent a bit over $400 at this time. The exact amount is in my signature. That's how I keep track.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm definitely not done. I still need a portable amp, some serious IEMs, more vinyl, more music in general, a DAC, a better source, and eventually a new headphone amplifier. , and those purchases will probably happen in college. (if I have a job, which I'm sure I will. I don't really have a steady job right now)
I don't want to spend all of my money on this hobby. I've got girl(s) to date.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2007 at 8:17 AM Post #148 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its so hard to buy things! No-one takes me seriously in shops...

I would consider that a good thing. Shop assistants can be very demanding and will use various insidious techniques to deplete the contents of one's wallet.

Don't worry, it will all be downhill from here.

P.S. One small request to all the young'uns, if you'll indulge me?

Please construct entire sentences and use capitalization and punctuation, please? Not that I don't make mistakes and typos myself, but this will make your posts a bit easier to read, especially for my tired old eyes.

Feb 25, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #150 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HAHA!

Youngest Head-Fi'er at 13!!!
icon10.gif

Its so hard to buy things! No-one takes me seriously in shops... They just think I'm a little kid who wants to play with the machines and push the buttons or something... Once my voice breaks (and consequently, people take me seriously) I'll go on a shopping spree to celebrate!

No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back