Head-Fi Reception at AXPONA 2016 + discount code
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #92 of 114
  At least no one has told you to take your pizza and ?????

Your right Steve!  count my blessings.  I am surprised at the number though so far.  we had more at the last meet.  Doesnt help that it hasnt been posted on the first page.  I am a bit pissed about that.  Plenty of IEM reviews though. 

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #93 of 114

Your right Steve!  count my blessings.  I am surprised at the number though so far.  we had more at the last meet.  Doesnt help that it hasnt been posted on the first page.  I am a bit pissed about that.  Plenty of IEM reviews though. 

Have you tired sending a PM to Joe to ask him about it?

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #95 of 114
Is it generally cool if I bring my own cans to try out with amplifiers in the headphone room?  Wondered if anyone had done that in previous years.  Thanks.

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #97 of 114
RSVPing for the reception.  Grew up in Chicago so I'm coming home.

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #98 of 114
  Is it generally cool if I bring my own cans to try out with amplifiers in the headphone room?  Wondered if anyone had done that in previous years.  Thanks.

you can probably do that.  Not in the reception room though.  no gear there.

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #99 of 114
Early news coming out of Axpona... Two new updated versions of the Etymotic ER4: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/AXPONA_2016/AXPONA_2016_Show_Report/Etymotic_Research_ER4XR_ER4SR.htm

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #100 of 114
 Hey Everyone, 

This is Will from Linear Tube Audio - we've got a table full of MicroZOTL2s in the Ear Gear Expo that we'd love everyone to try, but I'm writing here to let you know about the other components we have that may not be found around the show:

We decided to go with three NOS DACs - the Metrum Musette, an exciting DAC out of the Netherlands; an Audio-gd DAC-19 NOS, which was popularly sourcing for the Cavalli Tungsten for a fair amount of time at CanJam Socal last month; and a Mojo Audio Mystique v.1.1, a lesser known but excellent quality ladder DAC out of New Mexico. 

And Headphones! We have the HiFiMAN HE1000, which I highly recommend trying with a MicroZOTL2 even if you didn't like it at the HiFiMAN table, we have the Audeze LCD-4, which you won't find at the Audeze table because they don't have one this year, we have the Audio Zenith PMx2, an amazingly thoroughly modded Oppo PM-2 that I just heard for the first time yesterday and was extremely impressed by, and I don't think you'll find anywhere else in the show, and we have a final prototype for the ZMF&LTA Omni LE, a limited edition collaboration between us and ZMF (who has a nice, big table nearby) which has wenge wood cups, a wood you won't find on ZMF's website. We'll also have a MrSpeakers Ether-C, and we're also right next to the MrSpeakers booth, (who also has a MicroZOTL2, running through an Yggy, I believe), and a nice, reference HD800.

So stop on by!

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #102 of 114
But if I ever won the lottery I would love to spring for the top active atc the scm 150 now that is a incredible active speaker .

Can't afford a pair of 20,000$ speakers? You peasant. Haha jk me either. It's nice to dream though. Anyways you just got me even more excited to see what they have. I've never actually listened to them before but have heard good things. I haven't listened to many high quality speakers/headphones at all actually, besides a fleeting moment with the hd800. Hooked instantly lol.

I can't believe this post above me either. I was so bummed Audeze wasn't gonna have a setup and these guys are gonna have the lcd-4? Miracles do happen hahaha

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #103 of 114
So I was wondering ....should I bring a usb with songs I want to test out or do these guys usually have music lined up for us to try out already playin? Not like I know good songs to really test speaker/headphone capabilities anyways haha

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #104 of 114
  So I was wondering ....should I bring a usb with songs I want to test out or do these guys usually have music lined up for us to try out already playin? Not like I know good songs to really test speaker/headphone capabilities anyways haha

Everyone will have music to listen to. This doesn't mean they'll have music you know or love, but most vendors try to provide a selection of genres. If you like jazz, pretty much everyone has some good jazz. 

The best songs to test things out with are the songs you'll actually be listening to them with, so bringing a USB drive or a DAP with all of its possible interconnects (I made sure to bring cables to accommodate as many situations as I could think of, but you shouldn't expect that) is a good idea. Even then, some booths are set up in such a way that it would be too much trouble to put your songs on, and you'll just have to listen to their music, which is usually pretty good. 

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #105 of 114
Hi everyone,

Mike and I are looking forward to meeting folks and showing the latest Taction Kannons. We will have demos set up in the Ear Gear room tomorrow. Like Jude commented after CanJam SoCal - headphones that are real and tactile. Looking forward to impressions tomorrow.

And looking forward to meeting Chicago Head-Fi folks,

FightinJim, CTO TACTION Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back