Head-Fi Merchandise
Sep 29, 2001 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

gorgon_123

Proud to be a member
spawned by a few thoughts i had at another post (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...&threadid=2529), I did some price research regarding Head-Fi merchandise.

First, lemme quote myself: "idea: since Jude's life is busy enough without organizing head-fi merchandise why don't we, the freeloading community , organize something ourselves?"

Keeping with that thought read this and tell the world what you think, what you would be willing to buy, for how much, etc.

quick look at costs for merchandise:

site used to do this quick research: http://www.customcity.com - so I have no idea how competitive this pricing is. I figured this will simply give us an idea.

portable CD case, 6"x6"x1", holds 24 CDs, w/ head-fi logo
LD_50061_BLACK_PD.jpg

- quantity = 24 / price = $7.00each

100% cotton t-shirt (any size) w/ head-fi logo 4"X4" on left chest - quantity =24 / price = $8.00 each

100% cotton baseball cap, head-fi logo embroidered on front of cap
TO_2804_WHITENAVY_PD.jpg

quantity = 24 / price = $2.75 each

16oz stainless steel travel mug w/ head-fi logo.
ACF6FD.jpg

quantity = 24 / price = $15.12 each

11oz ceramic mug w/ head-fi logo
ACF36D.jpg

quantity = 24 / price = $1.20 each

key chain w/ head-fi logo
BL_UNI_SKF_WHITE_PD.jpg

quantity = 1 / price = $8.00
quantity = 48+ = $3.00 each

100% cotton polo shirt w/ head-fi logo embroidered on left chest
quantity = 24 / price = $14.00 each (any size)

mouse pad, 7 3/4" x 9 1/4" x 1/4", w/head-fi logo
quantity = 1 / price = $13.00
quantity = 48+ / price = $5.75 each

wall clock, 8 1/8" diameter size.
BL_UNI_8W_WHITE_PD.jpg

(image note: just imagine the hands to the clock and whatever image you want..)
quantity = 1 / price = $40.00
quantity = 12+ / price = $28.00 each

okay.. that's it. I'm done!!! too much time "researching" - i gotta go to work now!

(BTW: Jude, if you already have some merchandising in the works just say the word. All this is just an idea, I'm not taking orders or anything here
wink.gif
-- however I could probably get 50 mugs made and sell 'em at cost price if people are interested.. anyway..!! i gotta go!!)

EDIT: note that none of these prices include shipping - so shipping #1 from manufacturer to "distributer" , then shipping #2 from distributer to YOU, the consumer. no idea how much that would be, feel free to speculate.

Sep 29, 2001 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 47
gorgon_123,

I've already been looking into this, but your info is helpful. Thanks for the link to customcity. For things like CD cases and mugs, I'd like to go after high quality, if only because I'd feel like crap if we did this and all of you came back writing about how your CD case fell apart.

We'll have to do this, because I want a Head-Fi t-shirt too
wink.gif
. Let me go to that customcity web site and see what they've got.

Really, gorgon_123, thank you very much for taking the time to check things out.

One thing's for sure: I don't want to handle transactions or delivery -- no time for that. So I'll arrange it so that it's all done for us somehow.

Sep 29, 2001 at 9:44 PM Post #7 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver
well, I kinda like the no-nonsense B&W
smily_headphones1.gif

a vote maybe?

Braver, I think I'd like them all available at some point. The logo at the top will be one of the first available. Even if there's not much interest in the other logos, I want a few made in the other logos so that I can go through the week without looking like I'm wearing the same shirt every day. Heheh.

Totall off-topic: I just got my new The Absolute Sound in the mail. Can't wait to break it open.

Sep 29, 2001 at 9:59 PM Post #8 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by jude
We'll do it with the different logos too, since some of you here liked some of the other logos better than the one that's up at the top of every page here.

Well actually I only like the blue logo better on this page. I actually think the grey/black logo would look better on a shirt. Perhaps I am just a contrary personality
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2001 at 10:01 PM Post #9 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by jude

Braver, I think I'd like them all available at some point. The logo at the top will be one of the first available. Even if there's not much interest in the other logos, I want a few made in the other logos so that I can go through the week without looking like I'm wearing the same shirt every day. Heheh.

Hmm ... good point! I'm just glad Mike Walker or Beagle didn't make it
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 29, 2001 at 10:22 PM Post #11 of 47
Quote:

morphsci said...

Hmm ... good point! I'm just glad Mike Walker or Beagle didn't make it
evil_smiley.gif

Better make Mike's shirt B&W. I don't think he'd buy a shirt w/ coloration.
wink.gif

And PLEASE let us have an option to put custom titles or something on the back of the shirts!
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2001 at 1:56 AM Post #12 of 47
I've got a zillion t-shirts, a phillion coffee mugs, more than a couple of CD cases I don't use and I've lost count of the baseball hats I don't wear. But I'd like to support the cause so how about:
A headphone rack, suitably emblazened
A Head-Fi.org stamp (for SERPAC cases)
A custom Altoids tin (YES)
Headphone bags
Head-Fi. org toolkits
A 'I contributed to a digital camera for Neruda/Skippy/Apheared/...' t-shirt/coffee mug/baseball hat/
A digital camera (I've just invested $30 ex shipping in one)
Xmas/Holiday cards (sorry bt we've just bought our non-denominational polar bear cards)
crk
ps The custom Altoids tin........
cool.gif

Sep 30, 2001 at 2:40 AM Post #13 of 47
Oh man, a head-fi branded tin for a portable amp would be killer!
How about an amp in kit form (or assembled) with the head-fi tin?

Sep 30, 2001 at 2:42 AM Post #14 of 47
Quote:

And PLEASE let us have an option to put custom titles or something on the back of the shirts!

Yeah, custom titles on the back!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2001 at 3:02 AM Post #15 of 47
Hell YEA!! Custom titles
biggrin.gif

Tho, I need a new one...I mean, "Board Geriatric" would just be...not right one a T-shirt. Kids at school would beat me up
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back