Head-Fi Members Travel Couch Source
Nov 10, 2003 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
With all of the meets going on, and now with great regularity (awesome to see!), some people are electing to travel long distances to attend. Hotel rooms can drive up the cost of traveling by a large margin, especially in big cities.

I'd like to start a thread where members can post a standing offer for other members to crash on their couches (or even a floor) for a night. This way, members traveling can look up members in the vicinity for a place to sleep. Nothing fancy, or long-term (please no Kato Kaelin's
wink.gif
), and no 'babysitting' necessary. Certainly this is not a contract, or absolute obligation. I think this would eliminate the awkward position of breeching the subject and asking someone for the favor. If you can do it, great. If not, perhaps you can recommend other accomodations in the area.

Just post your city, and/or possibly the name of the largest city nearby, to where someone would probably be traveling. The 'Search' feature here would enable easy lookups. Contact the member by PM, and work out the details.

Perhaps the mods can make this a 'sticky'?

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2003 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 31
With proper notification and clearance from my wife, there may be a couch for a Head-Fier in need at my *tiny* apartment. The more notice the better, though.

Port Chester, NY (40 minutes from NYC by train)

Nov 11, 2003 at 5:10 AM Post #5 of 31
If he loves the CD3000 I can accomodate one here, is an small apt, in NJ near NYC, I have no couch but an aerobed will do the trick at least, but has to be a CD3000 lover, or at least bring an R10 under his arm......
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 18, 2003 at 5:19 AM Post #7 of 31
I'm in the Cayman Islands, and if any of you good folks ever venture this way, I've got a place for you to stay and a ****load of gear for you to listen to! I've just entered semi-retirement, so I have lot of time on my hands and don't mind the company. The scuba diving here is world class!

(I'd reserve the right of refusal, but would only exercise this for big groups - say, more than 4 - or for someone who gets wierd in the communication leading up to the event... don't want to spend a week with total freaks!!!)

BTW, it won't really work for those of you who are just passing through on a cruiseship unless you've been here before and have no interest in Seven Mile Beach, Stingray City, and other tourist attractions. Why? There is such little time - your wife would kill you if you spent it indoors!

----

Jimmy, this is a great idea for a thread, and one that I should have thought of myself a couple of weeks ago! At the recent NYC meet, Fred (Tuberoller) was there from Chicago, Mikhail was there from Denver, and I was there from Cayman. Others came from NJ, Philly, etc. etc. Had I thought of it in advance, I would have offered a pair of DT880's for the use of someone's couch for a couple of nights - it would have been cheaper!

Nov 18, 2003 at 5:22 AM Post #8 of 31
Anybody coming to Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Erie, Cleveland etc. can crash at my place...

But I dont know why anyone would come to this place anyway
tongue.gif
Erie is actually at the end of an interstate...there is NOTHING more embarassing than that
tongue.gif
LOL

Nov 19, 2003 at 11:03 PM Post #9 of 31
Oh man,

You mean your guys are makin' it easy for me to travel to meets and I get to use your bathrooms too? There's nothin' better than to make dumpage in a good friend's bathroom. I'll bring the air freshener.
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2003 at 11:12 PM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
Oh man,

You mean your guys are makin' it easy for me to travel to meets and I get to use your bathrooms too? There's nothin' better than to make dumpage in a good friend's bathroom. I'll bring the air freshener.
biggrin.gif

Yeuch!! What a nutter
smily_headphones1.gif

I take a great deal of pride in taking a piss in every bathroom that I come across in friends homes, hotels etc. It can have interesting results....There was this High Funda bar in Hong Kong which was on the 60th floor...The loo had a glass floor and it was right over the street below overlooking the Hong Kong Bank building!!! Awesome experience taking a piss on the people and cars below!! I think I saw a Ferrari down underneath!!

Nov 19, 2003 at 11:23 PM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
If he loves the CD3000 I can accomodate one here

Wow, I didn't know the CD3000 was so large one could take refuge in one
tongue.gif

Dec 12, 2003 at 1:15 AM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
...There's nothin' better than to make dumpage in a good friend's bathroom. I'll bring the air freshener.
biggrin.gif

In that case you are welcome to drop by Voorhees, NJ (20 minute train to Philly)
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2004 at 3:16 AM Post #13 of 31
i got room for one or two in toronto, right in the city, 15 minutes subway to downtown.

just let me know ahead of time, don't just show up with your headphones, pyjamas and headfi teddy bear.

Apr 7, 2004 at 11:56 PM Post #15 of 31
If anyone wants to stay at my place for a meeting in Mackenzie, BC they are more than welcome!

Up to 4 people, anyways..
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back