Head-Fi member @vapman scammer
Sep 15, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #3 of 97
This user bought headphones from me in the past and we've got along quite well. Recently I did a trade with him. We agreed to send via USPS Priority Mail. He received the package I sent in just a few days. He created the shipping label for the package to me on the 6th and said they were sent out. It is now the 15th and the tracking has not updated since the 7th and I have not received anything. He did forward the PayPal receipt for the shipping label to me, at least. He says he has opened an investigation into the package that has not shown up. He also agreed to send money on top of the package since the item I sent him was higher value than the item he sent me. I am inclined to negotiate a higher amount considering the circumstances. Hopefully my experience will be better than yours. He does have a lot of positive trader feedback recently, and some specifically for trades too, so perhaps something just went wrong outside of his control.

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 97
quite an accusation for a guy that has a +72 feedback here

besides , i find it kinda weird for him to risk having his account banned with such a strong presence here.....

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #6 of 97
  guy has a +72 feedback , kinda weird to risk having his account banned with such a strong presence here.....

observe the trend of the feedback.
there is a buyer who transacted with him 5 times in a row so....
blink.gif

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #7 of 97
perhaps he should pressure by posting this thread on all of his classified ?

although if it were me , i would simply try to get my traded item back

good luck , if guys with +72 feedback start being scammers , where are we heading ????

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #10 of 97
  quite an accusation for a guy that has a +72 feedback here

besides , i find it kinda weird for him to risk having his account banned with such a strong presence here.....

The evidence seems pretty daunting.

But I agree that it seems out of character for vapman to do that based on his presence and feedback.

@vapman, what's the deal? 

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #12 of 97
  This user bought headphones from me in the past and we've got along quite well. Recently I did a trade with him. We agreed to send via USPS Priority Mail. He received the package I sent in just a few days. He created the shipping label for the package to me on the 6th and said they were sent out. It is now the 15th and the tracking has not updated since the 7th and I have not received anything. He did forward the PayPal receipt for the shipping label to me, at least. He says he has opened an investigation into the package that has not shown up. He also agreed to send money on top of the package since the item I sent him was higher value than the item he sent me. I am inclined to negotiate a higher amount considering the circumstances. Hopefully my experience will be better than yours. He does have a lot of positive trader feedback recently, and some specifically for trades too, so perhaps something just went wrong outside of his control.

Did he send you the actual tracking number? Anything else is just BS. 

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #13 of 97
"the same ER-4P suddenly opened to negotiation now" statement just shows it all

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #14 of 97
Even if it is indeed an shipping problem on his side, @vapman shouldn't have tried to sell @rggz's MX985 before the issue is completely resolved between the two of them. That in itself would be wrong and no different from stealing IMO.

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #15 of 97

Almost exactly my situation. In the end of June I traded a Kenwood Mediakeg MG G608 for one of his modded (silver) iPod Mini. I paid $18 for registered mail with tracking (I ALWAYS send stuff that way even if it costs close to $20). He received it after 1,5 week.
After 3-4 weeks when I still had not received an iPod Mini he offered to send his pink iPod Mini instead. That was close to 2 months ago. Now it's been 2 weeks since I last heard from him. On the 31st of August he wrote that he would put the iPod together with CF-card and a new battery and send pictures. Still nothing.

I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt and see the silver iPod Mini as lost in the mail. But he suggested to send the pink iPod Mini instead. So then I agreed to let him have my modded Astrotec Lyra earbuds for $45 with shipping instead of $80 (to make up for his expenses). The Astrotec Lyras arrived to him within 2 weeks and that was about 1 month ago.

I want to give him the benefit of a doubt still, but if that pink iPod Mini doesn't show up soon I'll be forced to take action. I have offered to pay for registered shipping for the iPod from the US to Sweden.

So I hope that Vapman steps up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back