Head-Fi Meet in Lawrence Kansas! 9/13/2014 10am in Lawrence Public Library!!!
Aug 31, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #107 of 244
Nice. The meet is getting serious!

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #108 of 244
I'll be there. I'll bring my sennheiser hd600 and fostex t50rp. Also my company Lucid Labs is based in Lawrence and makes headphone amplifiers so I'll bring our CMOY amps and possibly prototypes of our two new versions of amps that we are working on (if they are in yet, which they may not be but I will try to speed things up and see if we can get them done in time)

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #110 of 244
  Okay, so I think I'll for sure be there. A buddy and I will bring the following:

-Crack + Speedball
-Gamma2 DAC
-Project Ember
-Valhalla

...and some redundancies...

-HE-4
-HD600
-HD650
-Uberfrost

As mrscotchguy said, tubes!!yeah!!. GMahler and I have Schiitty Lyrs, looking forward to your gear as I almost bought a couple of them myself. Now I can really compare, yeah getting serious.

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #111 of 244
I'll be there. I'll bring my sennheiser hd600 and fostex t50rp. Also my company Lucid Labs is based in Lawrence and makes headphone amplifiers so I'll bring our CMOY amps and possibly prototypes of our two new versions of amps that we are working on (if they are in yet, which they may not be but I will try to speed things up and see if we can get them done in time)

Are your Fostex stock? See you in a couple weeks, satwilson

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #113 of 244

Cool. Do you guys have a tube cmoy or offer one with crossfeed? I'd be interested in either or both (and would probably buy one at the meet).

Just an FYI, you'll probably need to contact a moderator about getting your status changed to "member of the trade" if you represent Lucid Labs.

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #114 of 244
Right now I don't have either but am working on an 18v CMOY with switchable gain and a plexi enclosure like the bravo tube amps on eBay. I'm also working on a portable amp that will be very small and feature a USB rechargeable lithium ion battery. I'm hoping I'll have prototypes of those for the meet. We are also considering manufacturing o2 amps as well. Future projects planned are a USB DAC, phono preamp, and possibly a WiFi based wireless speaker

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #115 of 244
Right now I don't have either but am working on an 18v CMOY with switchable gain and a plexi enclosure like the bravo tube amps on eBay. I'm also working on a portable amp that will be very small and feature a USB rechargeable lithium ion battery. I'm hoping I'll have prototypes of those for the meet. We are also considering manufacturing o2 amps as well. Future projects planned are a USB DAC, phono preamp, and possibly a WiFi based wireless speaker

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #116 of 244
Those 12au7 tubes only have so-so performance when run off low voltage so as a CMOY they will have some distortion. You really need at least 24v to get those sounding decent

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #117 of 244

Cool. Looking forward to see whatever you do bring. I'll make sure to bring cash :D

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #120 of 244
What's the total head count to? My friend backed out, but I think I may have a replacement. Not sure at this point.

I think 15 - 16, and we have picture of the room.  It's fine, we still have plenty of people to mingles with...
biggrin.gif
  Of course you're coming!
so we're set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back