Head-Fi Meet in Lawrence Kansas! 9/13/2014 10am in Lawrence Public Library!!!
Aug 27, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #78 of 244
So I have more amps than sources, so looks like I may see if I can dig up my old RCA splitters so we can have as much hooked up as possible
biggrin.gif

Yeah, It'll be awesome to see many set up as possible!

gs1000.gif

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #81 of 244
So I have more amps than sources, so looks like I may see if I can dig up my old RCA splitters so we can have as much hooked up as possible
biggrin.gif

Wow, been away on vacation for a couple of weeks, this meet has really taken off! Mrscotchguy, really looking forward to your Fostex modded phones. Mine are BMF based with my own material tweeks. Took me about 2 years to get em right. Will fill in the details when we meetup. satwilson

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #82 of 244
Wow, been away on vacation for a couple of weeks, this meet has really taken off! Mrscotchguy, really looking forward to your Fostex modded phones. Mine are BMF based with my own material tweeks. Took me about 2 years to get em right. Will fill in the details when we meetup. satwilson

I can bring em with me, but I want planning to. They are the flattest sounding headphones, but I almost never use them any more. I'm more interested in your mods. Mine were actually done by BMF himself. But the bass ports never quite worked right no matter the tweaking.

Personally, my biggest gripe about the t50rp driver is just how inefficient it is. It only sounds good at high volumes, and I almost permanently damaged my hearing spending countless hours putzing with them at wayyyy to high volume.

I don't regret the time I spent, but I have enjoy listening to actually music way more after getting my HE-4s

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #83 of 244
I can bring em with me, but I want planning to. They are the flattest sounding headphones, but I almost never use them any more. I'm more interested in your mods. Mine were actually done by BMF himself. But the bass ports never quite worked right no matter the tweaking.

Personally, my biggest gripe about the t50rp driver is just how inefficient it is. It only sounds good at high volumes, and I almost permanently damaged my hearing spending countless hours putzing with them at wayyyy to high volume.

I don't regret the time I spent, but I have enjoy listening to actually music way more after getting my HE-4s

LOL, yeah, getting the T50 mods right is like brain surgery, over and over again!?!? The BMF mods have gone through many iterations, my early mods were "Mr Speaker" back before he actually started making Mad Dogs, etc. I have to give credit to ZMF, another T50 modder who voiced his to his HE-500s. He and I traded phones back and forth, I showed him how to replace the bogus input jack, upgrading the cable, etc. My reference cans at the time were Koss ESP 950s, personally modded per-spec via Emails with Dr. Kevin Gilmore, I finally got my T50s modded to where they blew away the Electrostatic Koss. I sold them to a man in China who had all the Senn 20K  stuff. Anyway, looking to compare my T50s to HE-4s, LCD2,3 etc. satwilson

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #85 of 244
I will be coming.

Headphones:

Sennheiser HD800
Sennheiser HD600
AKG K550
Sony MA900
Koss Porta Pro

Electronics:

Matrix X-Sabre
Matrix Mini-I
Matrix Mini-I Pro
Matrix M-Stage HPA-2 w/USB
Headamp GS-X2
ECP Audio Black Diamond
JL Acoustic BAB1-MC*LE (portable class D amp)

I will have two interfaces, a CD player on the lower end gear and a tablet on the higher end gear. Bring CD or USB drive accordingly, if you wish to hear your own music.

Aug 29, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #86 of 244
I will be coming.

Headphones:

Sennheiser HD800
Sennheiser HD600
AKG K550
Sony MA900
Koss Porta Pro

Electronics:

Matrix X-Sabre
Matrix Mini-I
Matrix Mini-I Pro
Matrix M-Stage HPA-2 w/USB
Headamp GS-X2
ECP Audio Black Diamond
JL Acoustic BAB1-MC*LE (portable class D amp)

I will have two interfaces, a CD player on the lower end gear and a tablet on the higher end gear. Bring CD or USB drive accordingly, if you wish to hear your own music.

Awesome!

How's the hd800 on the GS-X2?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back