Head-Fi Meet in Lawrence Kansas! 9/13/2014 10am in Lawrence Public Library!!!
Aug 25, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #61 of 244
Good news, it will be a tight squeeze, but I will be joining the meet. I will also be bringing Headfier aynjell. We will be driving from Omaha, so forgive us if we're slightly late...

Here's what I'll be hauling:

Amps
Hifiman EF-5 (with a fun 12FV7 tube to roll in)
PS Audio GCHA
Meier Corda Cantate
Audioquest Dragonfly 1.0 (if I can find that bloody bugger...)

***can bring if there's interest***
Vinyl Flat's Can Opener (though someone would need to bring an integrated amp for this to be an option...)

Headphones
Hifiman HE-4 (plus some pads to roll for good measure)
Senn. HD580
Fischer FA-011
Beyer DT1350 (pre-facelift with t51p pads)

***can bring the following if there's interest***
Audio Technica ATH-AD700
Sony MDR-V6
Grado Bushmills (closed woodie) if anyone wants me to bring them
HD800 (skipping since we'll already have 2 others)

Sources
iPad
Craptop (window 8.1 netbook)
Samsung Note3

Think they will let us bring scotch? (Joking... sadly)

Aug 26, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #69 of 244
Still considering coming. Anyone got a couch I can crash Friday night? Started looking at hotels around the library area, and they were somewhat reasonable until I changed the date to the 12th, where they shot up nearly double. I assumed Jayhawks football, but I checked the schedule and it's an away game vs Duke. Odd.

Also sucks to have to pay $21 round trip toll from I-35 to 335 to Lawrence and back home.

Aug 26, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #71 of 244
In my opinion, no not in Lawrence....we have Famous Dave but Omaha has that...
IN KC, Okolahoma Joe's! and Jack Stack bbq..

Famous Dave's is horrible, imho... my uncle's bbq joint is probably the best in the metro.

As for KC, I thought Oklahoma Joe's wasn't bad, but everything but the burnt ends was a bit over hyped. Jack Stacks in Overland Park was a real treat, though expensive.

Guess I'm spoiled with cheap delicious BBQ here in town. I'll yelp lunch on the drive down. Getting pretty stoked for the meet! Can't wait to compare the Schiit A1 vs A2, uber vs non-uber, LCD 2 vs LCD 3, and two meier amps!

Aug 26, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #73 of 244
Yeah, me too.  I'm totally stoked about TH900 and lcd3...that alone, made this meeting worth awhile for me

Stax... enough said. I've never had the opportunity to listen to electrostats before, super curious.

Last time I listened to the TH900, I was too hung up on my t50rps to pay enough attention to form an opinon.

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #75 of 244
For me, this kind of meeting is first time...so I'm curious about how this meeting will flow...I hope we have good time listening and chatting with people.

That's how it usually goes. Whenever we do "mini meets" at my house, we generally end up talking about whisk(e)y as much as anything else. There's no way to listen to everything with a list this size. But I think everyone will have a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back