Head-Fi Meet in Lawrence Kansas! 9/13/2014 10am in Lawrence Public Library!!!
Aug 7, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #16 of 244
Interested if this grows to at least 10-15 people. 4.3 hour drive for me (one way).

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #18 of 244
Interested if this grows to at least 10-15 people. 4.3 hour drive for me (one way).

Agreed, need to get more people interested/committed. Lets be patient and then set date and time. Really looking forward to getting together with other HeadFi'ers. We are somewhat scattered about here in this area, thanks again to GMahler for getting the ball rolling, satwilson

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #19 of 244
Hello Everyone!  More update to our meeting on 9/13/14.

I went down to library and saw the meeting room.  Looks very clean and it's for 10-15 people.
I'll reserve the room....

Let's start our meeting 10am SHARP!  last around until 2pm or 3pm.

What's your opinion...LET ME know.

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #27 of 244
  What gear am I going to bring?

Amp:  Schiit Lyr 1, Kojo Brass, The intruder.
Dac:   Schiit Uber Bifrost, Cypher lab Solo.

Phone:  Sennheiser HD800, Momentum, Amperior.  Denon d2000.  (I"ll bring JH Roxanne but it's custom)

That's all I have for this meet.

Edit:

DaP:  Ibasso dx50 and Ipod classic 160.

This is what I'm bring....UNLESS!!  I get some new gear....BUT right now it's out of the question.

LOL

have a good one guys!

Aug 14, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #29 of 244
THE MEETING IS NOW OFFICIAL!!

Headfi Meeting in Lawrence Kansas!

When: 9/13/14  10am – 3pm

Where:
Lawrence Public Library. (meeting room A)
707 Vermont St, Lawrence, KS 66044

Parking.
Public Parking next to Library. (2 hrs free)

Registration.
There are none.  Just show up and enjoy the company.

The rules.
Some rules for headifer’s gears.  I got this from the other meeting, but it’s very important for those of you whose bring your valuable gears.

Meet Rules
  1. Please treat fellow head-fiers, vendors, and their gear with the utmost care and respect.
  2. Do not unplug headphones without asking permission from the owners first.
  3. Do not turn anything on or off without asking permission first.
  4. Do not move anyone's gear from their established area without asking permission.
  5. Absolutely no food and drink will be allowed near any equipment including your own. There is ample space within the hotel, as well as Starbucks/bar/restaurant for food and drink.
  6. Please have courtesy and ensure that your hands are CLEAN before handling other’s equipment.
  7. Be mindful of the time you are spending listening to vendors and others’ gear especially if there are others waiting in line.
  8. Be mindful of personal hygiene. DO NOT use hair gel or other product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.
    DO NOT wear hair gel or any cosmetic product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.
  9. Please use common sense! To repeat the most important rule: treat fellow head-fiers, vendors, and their gear with the utmost care and respect.

Power strip.
If you’re going to bringing your gears, please bring your own power strips.   The Library will not let you use their stuff.

et up and break it down.S
Come early and try to set up it (9:30am ish) The break down time will around 2:30pm.  Depends on meeting flow…When people leaving early and not many people are their.  We’ll finish the meeting early.

Finally, Please reply to the thread if you’re attend this meeting.  Also, what gear(s) you’re bring.

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #30 of 244
I will plan to be there.  I will bring all of the gear that I still have, minus the 50lb Fisher 500C

BK

Stax Lambda Pro
Stax SRM/MKII amplifier
Sennheiser HD600
Yamaha YH-1 orthodynamic – stock
Yamaha YH-1 orthodynamic – modded
Philly Blues tube preamp
Magnavox EL-84 SE tube amp
Meier-Audio Corda Headamp-1 MKII

Denon CD player
Alesis digital EQ

Users who are viewing this thread