Head-fi is slow?!
Dec 8, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #16 of 59
Mixed feelings. It would be nice for a moderator to chime in. They have moved my thread so they clearly have seen it yet they don't take the time to answer here. :frowning2: I think I will send a PM to one of them.

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #18 of 59
I also thought it was originally my computers as the computer I used to use was a good 5 years old and the one at work I can use for internet is about as old, but I just changed up my personal laptop to a new one this weekend, and I'm still seeing the unresponsiveness kick in consistently for Head-Fi. And I remember clearly that this wasn't a problem that started when the forum switched formats but one that's been happening in particular, since late October. Everything seemed to be fine before I went on vacation at the start of October, and by the time I came back about a month later, Head-Fi definitely started to feel unresponsive at times.

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #19 of 59

Quote:
Hmm.. tried visiting a site on the iphone 4, and once I entered a thread, there was noticeable lag in site scrolling. 

Does this site have tapatalk or anything like it yet? 

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #20 of 59
It's all a sudden faster today was it fixed???

Or is this chrome...
confused.gif

Dec 13, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #23 of 59
Can't say I notice the site in general being slow (I have a slow-to-claw ISP anyway), but the WYSIWYG editor just took forever to load (and in many cases, ti doesn't even load at all). I have switched to BB code editor now and it loads up much faster.

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #25 of 59
I got a reply from n_maher saying that he too is experiencing lag on this site but unfortunately he can't do anything about it. :frowning2:

Dec 15, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #26 of 59
Dec 15, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #27 of 59
I meanwhile tried Chrome (again) and a lot of the slowness is gone. Too bad it still has issues with posting pictures and other java stuff.... :frowning2:

Apr 2, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #28 of 59
Googling this very issue and landed on this thread; if it's any value... I've straight up stopped coming to head-fi primarily because the website is dog**** slow. I've organized head-fi meets, made a 2000$ vacation to end up at a head-fi meet... and my relationship ends with this great community because you have somehow regressed into dial up speeds on your forum. 

Head-fi is dead to me, and I miss it. I hope sometime in the future head-fi makes a change that improves it's performance, instead of making it worse... and I assume there's a track record of terribleness there because it's slowly gotten worse over time until it's now to the point that if I click on subscriptions or forums or whatever; I lose patience waiting and come back to it later. This is unnacceptable for a community driven website.

When head-fi has improved, I'll be back, and possibly even try to organize another omaha meet... but as it stands I can't even visit the site let alone have anything to do with it's community. Good job Jude, your leadership has driven this website straight into the ground. I understand money is important, you gotta pay server billls and pay for forum software licenses and stuff; but the website is so bad it's not even worth me visiting it anymore. Is that something you want?

Apr 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #29 of 59
Quote:
Googling this very issue and landed on this thread; if it's any value... I've straight up stopped coming to head-fi primarily because the website is dog**** slow. I've organized head-fi meets, made a 2000$ vacation to end up at a head-fi meet... and my relationship ends with this great community because you have somehow regressed into dial up speeds on your forum. 

Head-fi is dead to me, and I miss it. I hope sometime in the future head-fi makes a change that improves it's performance, instead of making it worse... and I assume there's a track record of terribleness there because it's slowly gotten worse over time until it's now to the point that if I click on subscriptions or forums or whatever; I lose patience waiting and come back to it later. This is unnacceptable for a community driven website.

When head-fi has improved, I'll be back, and possibly even try to organize another omaha meet... but as it stands I can't even visit the site let alone have anything to do with it's community. Good job Jude, your leadership has driven this website straight into the ground. I understand money is important, you gotta pay server billls and pay for forum software licenses and stuff; but the website is so bad it's not even worth me visiting it anymore. Is that something you want?

So... not thinking that Head-Fi is dead to me or anything crazy like that... however, something really *is* wrong with the site.  I would guess that for about a week now, response times to HTTP Get and Post are really, really L-O-N-G.  I am noticing this with both Google Chrome and Apple Safari from multiple locations w/ fast connections; and, other sites behave as expected.

Just an FYI...

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #30 of 59
Waiting for: cdn.optmizely.com

...whatever that is.

Again, just FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back