Head-Fi and HDtracks (David Chesky) Collaborate to Assemble A Headphone System Test Album!
Mar 12, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #166 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only issue I'm having is the Squeezebox server is insisting on putting track 12 last, even though the files are tagged correctly.
confused.gif

Funny, I had a similar issue when I tried to burn a disc using Roxio. It kept putting a few songs out of order. Ended up burning it from a play list in iTunes.

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #167 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamoneagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's weird is I bought "The Ultimate Demonstration Disc Vol 2" from HD Tracks and the same track is in 96khz. Looks like my DAC supports the 88.2khz version as well. I'll have to see if I can heard a difference. So it looks like HD Tracks screwed up putting the other version on this headphone album, especially when it can cause hardware problems and doesn't match the album's description.

edit: I do have a problem with that track. I have Amarra installed and it can't play through, so it let's iTunes handle it which I believe downsamples. So when I compare the 96K version, I can clearly hear the difference. So I'm just going to make a copy of the good track and place it in the Open your Ears album.

I've reported this to HD Tracks. We'll see what happens.

Well it looks like HDtracks have been listening and has added a note to the page to clarify that track 7 is indeed 24/88.2

Mar 12, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #168 of 278
On the percussion imaging test (track 9) Richard Crooks starts out playing at 3, 6, and 9 feet, and then it repeats back to 3, 6, 9 and continues on to 12, 15, 30, and 70 feet.

The first time around is clearly in a less reverberant space, but the liner notes don't make any mention of this. Does anyone know any more details?

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #169 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it looks like HDtracks have been listening and has added a note to the page to clarify that track 7 is indeed 24/88.2

It's just a curious coincidence, but the bitrate for this track is 2496...

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #170 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Strange, because didn't someone mention that this same track is available in another album at 24/96? Seems like HDTracks could just modify things and use the 24/96 version to match all the other tracks.

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #171 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcwang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Strange, because didn't someone mention that this same track is available in another album at 24/96? Seems like HDTracks could just modify things and use the 24/96 version to match all the other tracks.

apparently it was taken from this album which is 24/88.2

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #172 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcwang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, it's basically the same track but just slightly different play time. It's track 10 on this and indeed in 24/96. They should really swap it out with this:

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?f...HD090368034366

Mar 13, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #174 of 278
This is absolutely splendid! This looks very promising indeed. Great idea guys.

Mar 14, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #179 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Putting that album on a DAP, screws up my organization because the ID3 tagging organizes "Albums" and "Artists" as onesy twosy identities and places them all over the storage media.
I am going to have to mess with the tagging unless someone has a better suggestion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont know how one would do it with any other player, but i know with iTunes ill tag it as a compilation and i think that will put it all together? or ill jsut make a playlist and be done with it
smily_headphones1.gif

I tried that but since iTunes doesn't play flac, it won't let me make a compilation or a playlist, or pull it into iTunes at all. Can I convert 24/96 flac to alac without any loss and then make a playlist?

Mar 14, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #180 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried that but since iTunes doesn't play flac, it won't let me make a compilation or a playlist, or pull it into iTunes at all. Can I convert 24/96 flac to alac without any loss and then make a playlist?

Yeah you should be able to convert to ALAC without loss, i think someone in this thread said with max you get no loss, and i think that XLD should be able to do it as well. but those are mac applications, but i assumed that if you were using itunes that you must be using a mac too
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back