Head-Fi 2007 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread
Dec 17, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #16 of 66
I was partnered up with Firam, he sent me Hlidskjalf - Burzum. I've listened to it, and I'm really digging it. I never would have gotten my hands on it were it not for the gift exchange, thanks Firam. I hope you like the CD I sent - It should be arriving any day.

Oh, and this is the Holiday gift exchange, Channukah already started, and even though I'm not Jewish, I see it as the holiday season, so I decided to open it.

Dec 17, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #17 of 66
i went to ship the cd's i got for zanith tonight. went to kinkos/fedex and it costs $56.00 to ship from Chicago to Canada standard...DAMN!!!!!!!

I will get on a plane and hand deliver them before i do that..haha

going to usps tomorrow but it sucks cause i had to wait for the cd store to get them in first and thats why its taking so long.

$56.00 better come with a personal delivery man..jeezzz

Dec 17, 2007 at 9:42 AM Post #18 of 66
Just packed up a box for Zarathustra19. I was hoping to send it Saturday but will have it in the mail tomorrow. There's music... and a couple other things.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 10:55 AM Post #19 of 66
Last friday I received the CD's from my partner Absorbine_Sr.

He send me two CD's:
one CD with some live tracks by King Crimson. Haven't had enough time to listen to it well enough, but my first impression is that it's nice music.

The other CD is by Joe Strummer and I absolutly love it. It's a bit punky, but it's hard to categorize. I like the diversity and enjoy listening it!
Definitly a CD that I'm going to listen to often.

Dec 18, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #20 of 66
Just received a CD from Marzie, Jolie Holland's Springtime Can Kill You. Up until now I've never heard her music (or even heard of her for that matter). So far I'm digging it, nice and laid back, and with a Tom Wait's feel to it (at least a little pinch). I'm looking forward to fully digesting the whole album. Thanks again, Marzie.

Dec 18, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #21 of 66
As soon as I can get away from work I'll be sending Uncle Erik's gifts straight away. I'd hoped to send it saturday as well, but retail's a crazy business, especially around now.
biggrin.gif
Promise you'll like the stuff though.

Dec 19, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #23 of 66
I just received 3 brand new CDs from craiglester!!! I thought we were exchanging 1 CD Craig, you're so very generous. All three of them are also great albums, 2 of the 3 artists are new to me. The CDs I got are:

- The Cardigans - Gran Turismo
I have a few of their albums, including this one, on MP3. None on CD though. I agree with you, Craig, this is their best one.

- Manic Street Preachers - This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours
- Muse - Absolution
Both of these artists are new to me, but I am definitely digging both of them. Gonna listen some more to these tomorrow.

Nice choices and thanks a lot again.

Thanks for hosting the Christmas Exchange Zanth (and Head-Fi of course), a great way to listen to some new music!

Now, time to fire up the Arcam again...

Dec 19, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #24 of 66
Yeay got mine in today, Thanx Fraser!
It's Silent Shout with The Knife (or the other way around, I'm not sure yet). Obviously I haven't heard of it before so that's real ccol! Am not sure if it's my thing, have to listen some more to it. It's really vague on first impression with a nice sound to it. One thing is for sure and that is that it will sound like reallllll good on my hps !
Thanx for organizing this stuff. It's a good way to find out about things you haven't heard of before. Count me in for next year !

Dec 20, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #25 of 66
rlanger has got what I sent him but I'm still waiting for his to arrive. I won't know what it is though because I wont be opening it till Christmas day, like all the good little boys do.

Dec 21, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #27 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeay got mine in today, Thanx Fraser!
It's Silent Shout with The Knife (or the other way around, I'm not sure yet). Obviously I haven't heard of it before so that's real ccol! Am not sure if it's my thing, have to listen some more to it. It's really vague on first impression with a nice sound to it. One thing is for sure and that is that it will sound like reallllll good on my hps !
Thanx for organizing this stuff. It's a good way to find out about things you haven't heard of before. Count me in for next year !

NICE CHOISE Frasey! If I was in the exchange I probably would have sent that one too.

Dec 21, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #28 of 66
I got Eva Cassidy - Live in Blues from M_Baseball08. That's a nice CD. Wonderful artist. I particularly love the "what a wonderful love" remake.

Thanks M_Baseball08, do not forget to give some feedback on your CD, I can't wait because that's some special music you got there
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #29 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by zippy2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
n_maher and i exchanged gifts this year.

Nate, you are the best!

Pfft, I'd say you're the best!
biggrin.gif
Steve hooked me up with some awesome new music - I feel incredibly lucky to have been paired with a great guy!

Happy Holidays everyone.

Nate

Dec 21, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #30 of 66
I recieved my package last night from nacmacfeegle. The CD's were wrapped and there was a Christmas card with it.
biggrin.gif

I feel like a bit of a letdown for just ordering his CD's from Amazon.com and having them ship them straight to him.
redface.gif

Anyways, I'm just now listening to the third CD having popped the first in right away last night and the second while I had my morning tea.

The first CD I listened to was Atomic Swindlers - Coming Out Electric. I like this album and have a feeling that it will grow on me. The best way I can describe it [I'm terrible at descriptions] is that it is quirky David Bowie, but with female vocals.

The second CD I threw on is The Chesterfield Kings - Psychedelic Sunrise. This one is probably going to take a few listens to grow on me as it is pretty atypical of what I usually listen to. My first impressions are good though, and they remind me a bit of the Rolling Stones, which isn't a bad thing.
smily_headphones1.gif

The third CD is, by far, my favourite. I listen to a lot of Trip Hop and even when I diverge from that genre, I still tend to prefer music that has a smooth organic sound to it. Anoushka Shankar / Karsh Kale - Breathing Under Water is absolutely gorgeous sounding. The volcals are SO good and there is a good variety on the instrumentation. I like Nitin Sawhney quite a bit, and most of what I like about him is here, but moreso. This one is going to get a lot of playtime in my rig for quite a while.
cool.gif

Thanks again Lindsay, great picks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back