Head-Fi 2007 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread
Jan 2, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #61 of 66
I got a couple of great CDs from Duggeh. Certainly stuff that I would never have purchased on my own (mostly because I had never heard of them).

One is Hank Shizzoe's Low Budget, which is some cool rootsy blues based stuff. The other is a really great compilation called North African Groove. Production values are awesome on this CD and I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks Duggeh!!

Jan 3, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #62 of 66
I had a Willie Nelson CD and Crash Test Dummies' "God Shuffled His Feet" shipped to ken36 well before Christmas. ken36 PMed me the Monday before Christmas that he had received the CDs. When ken36 had not posted here, I PMed him four days ago to ask if he was going to or wanted me to post for him. His reply:
Quote:

I received both CDs and I love the Willie Nelson CD. I have to admit the Crash Test Dummies do have elements of the sound I love. The operative word is elements. Thanks for being thoughtful.

Jan 8, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #63 of 66
I've just recieved my package from Wayne today, honest.

Anyway, here's what he sent me.
IMG_2309.jpg

I still haven't got the chance to listen to them yet. Looking forward to it.

Thanks Wayne!

Jan 8, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #64 of 66
Hey, thanks... they're ummm, not exactly seasonal anymore, but still worth a listen or two. Sorry it took me so long to get them out to you, especially after making this post (early in the announcement thread):

"If you say you're going to participate, then participate. Don't forget about it and as a result stiff someone else..." (quoting myself). Of course, I didn't actually forget about it, but still, I was quite tardy in getting them out... uhhh, after Christmas was over! Ooops.

I'm as sure as sure can be that your present awaits my next arrival to mom's house in Illinois. Or her next arrival there, for that matter. She'll be here in Cayman before returning home from her trip which started on Christmas day. I'll report back in this space.

Jan 8, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #65 of 66
Wow, that's a quick reply. Hope you like the CD I sent you.

Jan 30, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #66 of 66
Yay! Contrastique's CD arrived here this morning after being returned to sender once for some reason...

It's Pink Floyd The Wall! What a great post-Christmas present
biggrin.gif
Thanks Contrastique!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back