Head Direct RE252 Mini Review
Aug 29, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #16 of 64
Hey Tom,

What tips are you using right now? I think the provided big biflanges make much more justice to the bass over the regular biflanges, with which the bass was, indeed, insufficient both quantity-wise and extension-wise.

Aug 29, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #17 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been looking at the RE0, how doe the RE03s and REOs fair isolation-wise, as I plan to use the extensively on the train.

Scott

The 03s are OK in isolation. I'm on the train quite a lot and its not too bad.

Aug 30, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #18 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 03s are OK in isolation. I'm on the train quite a lot and its not too bad.

[size=small]I was considering the 03's before I started hearing about the JH13 Pro's. Well, I guess they are still considerable as a low cost alternative, especially for situations where one may not want to risk $1100 iems.
smile.gif

[/size]

Aug 30, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #19 of 64
Any ETA on when these will be released and the price?

Aug 30, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #20 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Tom,

What tips are you using right now? I think the provided big biflanges make much more justice to the bass over the regular biflanges, with which the bass was, indeed, insufficient both quantity-wise and extension-wise.

I will try those tips again, but I was using Sony hybrids, the only sleeves that were comfortable. Fit has been the issue with these phones for me. Guess that's why I am not hearing the bass as it should be.

Aug 30, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #21 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any ETA on when these will be released and the price?

No idea on ETA but I think it should be soon. I guess head-direct is still working on getting the casing materials right.

Price I think should be $200+. The sound quality definitely warrants that type of price
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 30, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #22 of 64
Hey Tom, yes, fit is bad but I managed to fix it with some "distancer tubes" before the actual tips, which solved the issue for me.

Aug 30, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #23 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No idea on ETA but I think it should be soon. I guess head-direct is still working on getting the casing materials right.

Price I think should be $200+. The sound quality definitely warrants that type of price
smily_headphones1.gif

Is it twice the RE0?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #25 of 64
I think the best quality of the RE3 doesn't lie in the tonality, but rather in the great detail and sound separation it's able to produce without having any hint of treble boost, nor sibilance.

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #29 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weird name change..

Yeah, definitely. Though I guess they couldn't call it the RE-1

Aug 31, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #30 of 64
I also tried these. Of note is the fact that these didn't sound that great to my ears in the bass department, in fact, I felt that they had less than the RE0's. The reason is that I'm white and these earphones are molded to fit in better in the ears of our friends from the far east. In the future, Fang told me the shape would change or he might offer multiple models for different shaped ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back