Head-Direct Poor Customer Service?
May 28, 2010 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

GOT KILLED???

New Head-Fier
I purchased the RE0s on November, they recently began to not work on one side on April. I sent them back to receive a replacement on May 6th and it's the 28th and they still have not received my package. I made sure I sent it to the correct address. I call and E-Mail them, but they do not reply, only with a mere "I'll send a notification to my Shipping Manager," or something similar.
I love the headphones but why is this Customer Service failing? I would not expect this from a company like Head-Direct. I did not pay eighty dollars to have them for 5 months. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks

May 28, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #3 of 14
Same here with Yuin PK-1 replacement, waited for months and they told they never received the phones. I then asked if they would refund the money, waited months, and many emails, for it and they just said it will be paid.

Then I asked if I could buy some other phones and they'd deduct the replacement money from it, they said it was ok. Now its' been ~6 weeks since I got email that they'd sent the phones, but still haven't received them.
angry_face.gif

May 28, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #4 of 14
They were good with my PK3 a year ago, but that was a cheaper headphone.

May 28, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #5 of 14
I wouldn't say they have horrible customer service, just not the best (what does one expect for their prices). Quality of the products they sell is questionable though. I've purchased 3 or 4 different pairs of earphones from them (Yuins, RE0's & soundmagic) and they all had something wrong w/ them upon receiving or shortly after (except my PK3's which still work great to this day). I had to return them all because of the problems & they finally told me they wouldnt sell me anything else. (I guess they think I'm returning too many things) Didnt plan on buying from them in the future anyway. Quality control sucks w/ those people. 

May 28, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #6 of 14
Head-Direct Announcement

We always do replacement shipping in 48 hrs after receiving returned products from our customers. For our customers, (esp. international customers from any country other than US or China), it is very important to spend a little more money and get a tracking number when ship defective items back for warranty (we always mention this when we got emails about warranty). Trackable package might be more expensive than regular mail, but it will make sure the package arrive in time. Even we did not receive the item, if tracking history showing “delivered", customer still can get their warranty replacement or refund. However, if customer use regular mail without any tracking, the package will not be as reliable. Regular international package can be delay for more than 2 month in custom or somewhere in transit, and have very high possibility to get lost. Since we did not receive package, and there is no tracking info available, we will not be able to tell if the package was shipped back or not, then we can not do anything to help our customers get warranty.

Our hifiman RE0 return rate is below 3%. YUIN's return rate is also one of the lowest among earphones category (info from our dealer headroom).

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 28, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #7 of 14

Quote:
Head-Direct Announcement

We always do replacement shipping in 48 hrs after receiving returned products from our customers. For international customers (any other country other than US or China), it is very important to spend a little more money and get a tracking number when ship defective items back for warranty (we always mention this when we got emails about warranty). Trackable package might be more expensive than regular mail, but it will make sure the package arrive in time. Even we did not receive the item, if tracking history showing “delivered", customer still can get their warranty replacement or refund. However, if customer use regular mail without any tracking, the package will not be as reliable. Regular international package can be delay for more than 2 month in custom or somewhere in transit, and have very high possibility to get lost. Since we did not receive package, and there is no tracking info available, we will not be able to tell if the package was shipped back or not, then we can not do anything to help our customers get warranty.

Our hifiman RE0 return rate is below 3%. YUIN's return rate is also one of the lowest among earphones category (info from our dealer headroom).

I guess I just had bad luck with my purchases then. I didn't mean to insult the integrity of your products, I love the sound quality of the RE0's & Yuins & still use my PK3's daily & they're holding up wonderfully. I just wish I wouldnt have been told that I could no longer purchase your products because of my returns, when every single return I made was due to a legitimate reason. 

May 28, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #8 of 14
Thanks for the responses but I have to disagree with the statement about tracking packages in that announcement. I provided them with a tracking number, willing to spend the extra money. I send it to NY like I'm supposed to, I check the tracking number and a delivery was attempted and they even left a notice. They had 15 days to pick it up until they would send it back to me. They did not even bother to pick it up. So now I basically wasted my money for the tracking just for them to send it back to me. It seems as if the tracking is unreliable as well. What in the world do you want me to do just so I can get my replacements?

May 28, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
Thanks for the responses but I have to disagree with the statement about tracking packages in that announcement. I provided them with a tracking number, willing to spend the extra money. I send it to NY like I'm supposed to, I check the tracking number and a delivery was attempted and they even left a notice. They had 15 days to pick it up until they would send it back to me. They did not even bother to pick it up. So now I basically wasted my money for the tracking just for them to send it back to me. It seems as if the tracking is unreliable as well. What in the world do you want me to do just so I can get my replacements?

In this case they should pay for the next round of shipping to them. Or just send the replacements. You've fulfilled your obligations.

May 28, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #11 of 14
I did not noticed that "GOT KILLED" has tracking number but local Post office failed to send us notice label. I will call customer service today and ship the replacement for you. Please email head.direct@gmail.com got killed's name and paypal receipt email. Will do tomorrow.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Feb 10, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:
Has anybody tried to contact Head-direct customer service lately? They haven't been replying to my emails lately.

Chinese New Year tends to do that to company composed mainly of Chinese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back