Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Nov 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #271 of 856
I'm interested in possibly purchasing some HE-300s.

However, I'm concerned about the part in this picture breaking:

Head-fi member CanDude posted a picture here on head-fi of his HE-6s breaking at that spot / part.

If I were to buy HE-300s and that part (I think it's called a gimbal) were to break out of warranty, would I be able to pay to have a replacement part shipped out to me? I don't really want to buy the headphones if I can't obtain that replacement part out of warranty.

Thanks.

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #274 of 856
My pleasure
smily_headphones1.gif

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Nov 28, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #275 of 856
Hello Eric,

I currently have a pair of Denon D5K's that I'm thinking about selling to get the he-400's. (It would be so nice to have a headphone with better clarity and slightly less bass) I'm just wondering, is the treble problem on the he-400 completely fixed? I'm sorry for being skeptical but the announcement that the problem was fixed seemed completely out of the blue.It just seems like it would take a while for something like this to get fixed... If it is though I will probably order them as soon as I sell the D5000's. :)

Nov 29, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #280 of 856
HiFiMan,

You are one of the best companies I know of! Not only is your customer support top notch, but also you make and sell some of the most innovative and exceptionally high quality products. Keep up the great work!

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #281 of 856
Quote:
 On the he-4, what does it mean that it only has magnets on one side and how does that affect the sound? 

Hi, unlike our flagship model HE-6 or HE-500 which has two pieces of magnets in each driver with a piece of very thin diaphram sitting in the middle like a sandwich, HE-4 only has one piece of magnet right next to the diaphram.
Compared with our top models, HE-4 sounds slightly less detailed and smooth. However, if you compare it with other similar priced headphones, you will probably find it surprisingly better.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Dec 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #282 of 856
Ok, so I've committed. I'm going to sell my Denon D5000's to buy the HE-400's. However, I would like to buy the velour ear-pads to go with it. Do you think you could put the velour pads on eBay or Amazon rather then requiring that they be bought on the head-direct site? Or better yet could I have the pleather switched with the velour at the time of purchase... Maybe? :)

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #283 of 856
Hello!
I just ordered a pair of RE262's directly from Head-direct and I was wondering if there was any way to purchase an extended warranty for them through you or otherwise.
Thanks for you time.

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #284 of 856
Couple questions.

Firstly, I am sorry to post this in more than one spot, but I have been trying to find the answer without success, so: what is the output impedance on the 801 with the GAME module?

Secondly, will the release of the 901 affect the price of the 801, since, as you say, it's not a replacement. It will certainly shift demand for the 801, so will the price on that go down? Or will you just plan to sell less of them?

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #285 of 856
Quote:
Couple questions.

Firstly, I am sorry to post this in more than one spot, but I have been trying to find the answer without success, so: what is the output impedance on the 801 with the GAME module?

Secondly, will the release of the 901 affect the price of the 801, since, as you say, it's not a replacement. It will certainly shift demand for the 801, so will the price on that go down? Or will you just plan to sell less of them?

Speaking of the 901..........any release date firm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back