HE1000 V2 and EDX V2 Are Coming Soon
Sep 19, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #46 of 104

It was asked if the new pads improve the sound (from the second part of your answer it isn't clear if it addresses the V2 pads or the HE1000 V2), and I'm curious myself how close a pad upgrade brings the original version to the new version. Can you please enlighten us? Also, are the drivers identical, or have they been modified as well?

Thank you for your question.
The HE1000 V2's sound is absolutely better than HE 1000 V1.
You know that we not only change the earpads , but also the cable and the headband. Thus, if you want a better experience, we hope you can update the full set.
Thank you very much.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 19, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #47 of 104

It was asked if the new pads improve the sound (from the second part of your answer it isn't clear if it addresses the V2 pads or the HE1000 V2), and I'm curious myself how close a pad upgrade brings the original version to the new version. Can you please enlighten us? Also, are the drivers identical, or have they been modified as well?

You know that we not only change the earpads , but also the cable and the headband. Thus, if you want a better experience, we hope you can update the full set.
Thank you very much.

Does that mean you haven't tried a HE1000 V1 with V2 pads yet – or you just don't want to reveal the result? So I take it that the drivers are unchanged, no?

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #48 of 104
It looks like the new pads are already up for sale.  Just make available the new cables too and leave the rest to owners of the originals, and the impressions of reviewers. These may be all the upgrades some owners need, if that.

Sep 21, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #49 of 104

blink.gif
blink.gif

You know that we not only change the earpads, but also the cable and the headband. Thus, if you want a better experience, we hope you can update the full set.
blink.gif
 Thank you very much.
blink.gif

Does that mean you haven't tried a HE1000 V1 with V2 pads yet – or you just don't want to reveal the result? So I take it that the drivers are unchanged, no?

Come on, HiFiMan! I'm sure you can answer these questions if you just try hard! Maybe it's an awkward situation for you, but can you imagine how it is for someone who has bought the V1 and now is confonted with the V2? So please show at least some understanding! 
smile.gif

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #51 of 104
What's all the hates about? If you want upgrade service, call your headphone dealer they will contact HFM about it. If you only want the cable or pads they are available for purchase. If you want the upgrade for free try your luck in the free upgrade program. If you don't think it will worth it, then you don't have to do it.

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #53 of 104
The hate is a V2 makes the V1 worth less than it was moments prior to the announcement. I'm seeing users struggle to get $1650 for their V1. Basically ruined resale value similar to Ether FLOW and HD800S.

Thanks for the explanation, I guess I don't usually regard headphones as investments or trade them that often so I failed to realize this. 

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #56 of 104

That sucks!

Well it sucks, unless you're in the market for a good used He-1000 now, in which case this becomes a wonderful opportunity to get a very top of the line world class pr. of cans for around half the original MSRP or maybe, even less, if you're lucky.  I know ; that sounds like a "glass is half full" type of argument, but I personally find it very compelling, just the same, and going by the numbers, I am willing to bet that there will be no logical correlation between whatever SQ delta there might be between He-K V1 and V2 and the half MSRP price point, so the "glass" may well be much more than merely "half full," in this particular case.  Hell, knowing this hobby, I am betting there are enthusiasts who will genuinely enjoy the sound of He-K V1 a lot more than He-K V2, just as there are those who enjoy HD600 more than HD 650, or HD800 more than HD800S, or the Beyerdynamic T1 more than the T1 v2, and so on, and so on...  For such enthusiasts, this might even be a kind of "windfall." Just saying.

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #57 of 104
  Well it sucks, unless you're in the market for a good used He-1000 now, in which case this becomes a wonderful opportunity to get a very top of the line world class pr. of cans for around half the original MSRP or maybe, even less, if you're lucky.  Just saying.

​This does not help if you are a loyal customer and already have one!

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #58 of 104
  Well it sucks, unless you're in the market for a good used He-1000 now, in which case this becomes a wonderful opportunity to get a very top of the line world class pr. of cans for around half the original MSRP or maybe, even less, if you're lucky.  Just saying.

Can't say I'm not. I have an HE-6. But with so many new and wonderful cans out there I'm on the fence right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back