HE1000 V2 and EDX V2 Are Coming Soon
Sep 4, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #31 of 104
OH dear. I will have to throw my old HE1000 in the bin, old tech., and all that. The problem is, that i am spending the family inheritance money, to keep up with the latest must have thing. They have informed me, that if this is the case,that when i die, they will bury me, with a set of Beats Headphones. What a spiteful family i have.

Maybe they should bury you with a book on grammar and syntax. You know, to give you a better shot in the afterlife. Kidding, of course.

But maybe they'll be nice and just bury you with Beats Studio Pro? They're decent. Certainly not with your old hat HEK, though. That one will be long gone.

Sep 9, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #32 of 104
So here are the HE1000V2 pads, looks like they're compatible with v1...
https://www.headamp.com/order/hifiman-ultrapad-v2/

BTW, just ordered my HE1000V2, probably 7-10 days before I get it. Will post some impressions.

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #34 of 104
Sep 11, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #36 of 104

Just look at the link from the post above (post 32).

Seen the link but it's not the final word from @TeamHifiman. And it is unclear if there is any SQ benefit for V1. Hifiman is still silent.

«HIFIMAN Ultrapad V2 (for HE-1000, HE-1000 V2)

This is the new earpad of the HE1000 V2, which offers a greater angling of the headphone driver as compared to the original HE1000. It also changes the velour pad surface for polyester.»

The only imaginable sense of the angling is a sonic difference, so the answer is given. It's just not clear if it's an improvement to everybody's ears.

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #37 of 104

«HIFIMAN Ultrapad V2 (for HE-1000, HE-1000 V2)

This is the new earpad of the HE1000 V2, which offers a greater angling of the headphone driver as compared to the original HE1000. It also changes the velour pad surface for polyester.»

The only imaginable sense of the angling is a sonic difference, so the answer is given. It's just not clear if it's an improvement to everybody's ears.

Agreed.  In at least one of the early beta tester thread entries, modifying the ear pads in (what I think was) a similar manner was said to have improved the sound.

Sep 13, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #40 of 104
  The V2 pad will fit for HEK V1.
Don't worry.

It´s time now, Hifiman! Give the members of this thread (and other Hifiman-threads) disount codes for the new earpads and the new cables when you begin to sell them in your online-shop!

Sep 13, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #42 of 104

Thanks for confirming the fit. What about sound quality of V2 pad on V1 headphone?There should be some changes for certain. Can you describe it? My V1 pads are like new since purchased in June and there is no reason to buy another earpad that does not improve SQ.

It is good, and the sound is better than the original one. Please wait for a while, we have asked someone to write the review.
You will find the amazing sound in V2 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 13, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #43 of 104
  We have an free update to HE1000 V2 activity right now.
If you  are lucky, we will offer you not only the earpad and cable, but also the new set of HE1000 V2~
Just see http://www.head-fi.org/t/817037/hifiman-s-lucky-upgrade-opportunity and send email to us

I know that and I already sent you a mail. I meant  that a discount could be fine for those few people who won´t get the lucky-upgrade-opportunity 
wink.gif

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #44 of 104

Thanks for confirming the fit. What about sound quality of V2 pad on V1 headphone? There should be some changes for certain. Can you describe it? My V1 pads are like new since purchased in June and there is no reason to buy another earpad that does not improve SQ.

It is good, and the sound is better than the original one. Please wait for a while, we have asked someone to write the review.
You will find the amazing sound in V2 

It was asked if the new pads improve the sound (from the second part of your answer it isn't clear if it addresses the V2 pads or the HE1000 V2), and I'm curious myself how close a pad upgrade brings the original version to the new version. Can you please enlighten us? Also, are the drivers identical, or have they been modified as well?

Sep 19, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #45 of 104
  I know that and I already sent you a mail. I meant  that a discount could be fine for those few people who won´t get the lucky-upgrade-opportunity 
wink.gif

We will provide a pay-needed update in the near future.
So don't worry. And it is directly from us.
If we have any updates, we will post on our official website.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back