HE-6 Loaner Program
Oct 28, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #856 of 903
The wood is nice, but not if it cracks.
Luckily mine have stayed the test of time.

Sorry Maxvla, that's what happens when I use my laptop at 1700 without reading glasses.

Miguel, please do tell us that that is a reflection on the cups.

Oct 28, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #857 of 903
I'm on my third HE-5 because of driver/perhaps cable connector issues, but no wood cracking issues with any of them. I really think that was somewhat overblown. That experience did teach me that the extended break-in period of the HE-5 was psycho-acoustic, as it was only an issue (for me anyways) with the first pair. And it was a rough break-in but totally worth it IMO.

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #859 of 903

Quote:
And it was a rough break-in but totally worth it IMO

If you think the 5's are totally worth it, then you will be shocked how much better the "prodo" 6's are. You'd be hard pressed to find anything that sounds anywhere as near as good as they do.
They're amazing.

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #860 of 903

Quote:
The wood is nice, but not if it cracks.
Luckily mine have stayed the test of time.

Sorry Maxvla, that's what happens when I use my laptop at 1700 without reading glasses.

Miguel, please do tell us that that is a reflection on the cups.

Quote:
That looks like a reflection to me, though I see how it could look like a big ding.

Guys, it is a reflection of the two young nubile young models (21 and 23) that moved next door. They need a father figure and I oblige them by allowing them to sit on my lap in the bikinis while I tell them stories of the "old days". 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #861 of 903
Ah, the old "Swedish Bikini Team" scenario. I'm glad that they leave a nice "impression" (corny joke inserted here). 
tongue.gif

Oct 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #862 of 903

Quote:
If you think the 5's are totally worth it, then you will be shocked how much better the "prodo" 6's are. You'd be hard pressed to find anything that sounds anywhere as near as good as they do.
They're amazing.

Yeah I already requested to be put on the pre-order list for these. I was told by Ms. T. yesterday that there was no such official list as of yet but that my request would be forwarded to "management" which I assume means Fang. Pricing seems to be somewhat confirmed for early adopters that are HE-5 purchasers at least but date of availability is bit of a tease so far. If they please me more than the protos then I can see some changes coming in both my headphone collection and goals of attainment.

I am ready for my shock therapy
basshead.gif
 !

Oct 28, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #863 of 903

Quote:
They're amazing.

Immtbiker,

Are you saying, the production HE6 sounds better to you than your Omega1 + BHKE combination ?

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #864 of 903
Yes it does. But take into account that the Omega !'s are a bit bass shy.

Oct 29, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #866 of 903

Quote:
Wow.... looks like I should wait to hear the HE6's before I mortgage the house again for an electrostatic setup.

I know right?  LCD2, HE6, new Stax coming out.  Tough......

Oct 30, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #869 of 903
Well it seems I have developed a rattle in the right side somehow. Something loose and rattling around that's quite distracting. I can take them apart and see what's wrong and fix it, but thought I would ask for permission from Head-Direct first.

Otherwise these are great sounding cans. Fantastic soundstaging. Clear tight bass.

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #870 of 903
Sorry to hear, could it be the cable connection! Hope Fang chimes in soon, you may wish to send him a PM. Good luck, btw I am loving the production HE6! 
biggrin.gif
 Fang if you see this may I suggest you use black leather on the top as well as the bottom of the headband, it would be nicer looking if you ask me. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back