HE-6 Loaner Program
Aug 7, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #302 of 903

Quote:
You mean his has been back to home country
L3000.gif

Of course. When I said "abroad" , I didn't mean "with a broad". 
smile.gif

Saying abroad, just sounds cooler, more professional.

Aug 7, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #303 of 903

Quote:
Yes, once again, thanks for those nice photos Ed. Certainly, the HE-6 is one of the nicest looking headphones I've seen in a long time. They look well built too. 

Looks-wise I still prefer the original HE5's wood.

Aug 9, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #304 of 903
This HE-6 Loaner program seems to have fallen flat and lost momentum. This is not doing a service to the Head-Fi community. Head-Fi'ers involved in this program need to step up and fulfill their responsibility to the community.

Aug 9, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #305 of 903
I don't know. Due to shipping delays there should be a minimum of one Impressions post every two weeks for each loaner that is out in the field. How many loaners are there? 1 East, 1 West, Other Continents?

Aug 9, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #307 of 903

Quote:
Of course. When I said "abroad" , I didn't mean "with a broad". 
smile.gif

Saying abroad, just sounds cooler, more professional.

LOL!
o2smile.gif

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #309 of 903

Quote:
This HE-6 Loaner program seems to have fallen flat and lost momentum. This is not doing a service to the Head-Fi community. Head-Fi'ers involved in this program need to step up and fulfill their responsibility to the community.

X2. Do we even know where the east He6 is any more. I Know El Doug had it almost 3 weeks and we still have not seen any impressions

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #310 of 903
I got the West HE-6 today.

There was a lot of dust, lint, & hair on the earcup cushions, so much that I actually bothered to sit down and try to pick some of it off before putting the headphones on my head. I seriously have to wonder where the headphones have been so far - well actually it'd probably be better if I didn't know.

I've been listening for about an hour so far on a B22 and it sounds ok but not exactly what I was hoping for personally and only further listening will determine if I want to buy my own pair or not. I will say right now that I definitely prefer my OII/BHSE (and the Grado HP2 also) at least when it comes to classical music (not yet sure about other music types).

Aug 10, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #311 of 903
i've been intentionally staying out of the thread and refraining from reading any impressions until i've received them and have had some time with them on my head.  that being said, i'm very excited to hear these phones.

Aug 10, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #312 of 903
I did keep the cans for 2 weeks instead of 1 (not sure where you came up with 3), and for that I humbly apologize - I am really on the fence about buying a pair!  I am currently editing a rather lengthy (at least for me) set of impressions, which I sure hope help the community

The cans are currently in transit, in fact I believe they will be arriving in NC sometime today.  Don't get your knickers in a knot :p 

Quote:
X2. Do we even know where the east He6 is any more. I Know El Doug had it almost 3 weeks and we still have not seen any impressions

Aug 10, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #313 of 903

Quote:
I got the West HE-6 today.

There was a lot of dust, lint, & hair on the earcup cushions, so much that I actually bothered to sit down and try to pick some of it off before putting the headphones on my head. I seriously have to wonder where the headphones have been so far - well actually it'd probably be better if I didn't know.

I've been listening for about an hour so far on a B22 and it sounds ok but not exactly what I was hoping for personally and only further listening will determine if I want to buy my own pair or not. I will say right now that I definitely prefer my OII/BHSE (and the Grado HP2 also) at least when it comes to classical music (not yet sure about other music types).

Well, I did let Nikongod crotch them before packing them up.   J/K 
biggrin.gif

I cleaned them up a bit b4 packing them up, short of vacuum cleaning them.  In hindsight, I should've probably vacuumed up the interior of the case, it seems to be quite the dust magnet.

BTW, be careful when picking "hairs" from the outer and inner ear cups.  The tiny "white" ones are not hairs, they seem to be fine polyfil fibers used in the batting inside.  There are a lot of them everywhere on the inside and outside.  They get caught easily on the inside of the case and pull out, in fact one time it started pulling a small puff of white fiber with it.  I carefully trimmed it and pushed it back in gently. 

-Ed

Aug 10, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #314 of 903

Quote:
I did keep the cans for 2 weeks instead of 1 (not sure where you came up with 3), and for that I humbly apologize - I am really on the fence about buying a pair!  I am currently editing a rather lengthy (at least for me) set of impressions, which I sure hope help the community

The cans are currently in transit, in fact I believe they will be arriving in NC sometime today.  Don't get your knickers in a knot :p 

If everyone kept them two weeks I think Fang would be upset. Baka1969 convinced Fang to do this program and Fang was not so sure he wanted to do it. I think if we want to see future programs like this we all should stick to the format Fang set up. One week and impressions or a review to be posted. I for one would like to see these programs continue. Of course it only opinion. But I feel that this program has lost some steam.

Aug 13, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #315 of 903
Edwood posted in the Smyth SVS thread about the HE-6 in response to a question:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/418401/long-awaited-smyth-svs-realiser-now-available-for-purchase/780#post_6846182

Quote:
Can anyone shed some light on the HE-6's for me? I am currently using the 404LE's with a 007T amp and I am satisfied but I would like more bass. Do you guys (those who have the HE-6's) think that it's a worthwhile upgrade? I know that I would most likely have to buy a seperate speaker amp/receiver to power the headphones but that's no biggy to me. I would be using them soley for movies on the Realiser.

Quote:
The HE-6 is better in nearly every way.  Speed, dynamics, frequency response, and detail.  All with the airiness and transparency of an open electrostat.  It's on another level.  The Omega 2 is really the only "fair" competitor from Stax.   And for Bass, the HE-6 is incredible.  I'm able to hear/feel bass from the HE-6 below 20Hz even.  Not very powerful at those infrasonic frequencies, but still there.  At 20Hz it's quite head pounding.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back