HE-500 Loaner Program
May 7, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #92 of 185
Where is the West kit? I was first on the list, but my ID was spelled wrong, and I'm afraid I missed my chance. I hope not. Based on the comments so far, these might be just what I am looking for. The LCD-2, even after exchange, is still not my cup of tea.

Who has the West US model?

May 8, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #95 of 185
Updating the northeast people. I got the headphones on friday. Didnt have that much time to listen but first impressions (with pico amp/dac + m3 w/steps) is very good. amazing mids

May 8, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #96 of 185
Excellent. I look forward to receiving them after the first few Canucks have a go!

May 8, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #97 of 185
These are some fantastic headphones. The clarity and ease of presentation with any amp is awesome. Given the choice of the 6s or the 500s, it would be really hard. The 500s at lower volumes have better bass but the 6s have a wider and airy presentation. I'd compare the 500s to some RS-1s but better in all areas. The 6s are more of a HD 800 with bass.

If you don't want to get a speaker amp, stay with the 500s. I don't think you will regret this purchase.

If I start traveling often, I may well consider getting them to replace my RS-1.

May 10, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #98 of 185
Lookie what I found at my local DHL yesterday..  

As a mere headphone mortal, I will only get a chance to compare them to HD600, RS-1, D7000 and Ed8.  So far they make each of these sound dull/thin/unbalanced/harsh (respectively) but hopefully my impressions will be useful to other headphone plebs like me.

May 11, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #100 of 185
Probably not until after the Munich show so end May or early June

May 16, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #102 of 185
I'm ready to ship these out to the next person but I dont really know who that is. I PMed falis but he did not seem to be interested. I also PMed head direct but have gotten no response.

May 16, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #103 of 185

Quote:
I'm ready to ship these out to the next person but I dont really know who that is. I PMed falis but he did not seem to be interested. I also PMed head direct but have gotten no response.

Fang's posts #1 and #57 have the complete list of participants - there are many in the East Coast program, I'm sure the rest are quite interested in receiving & hearing them.  After falis is decur, and then Joey Russo, etc.:

davederek                         NY (Westchester)

jinp6301                            NY (Binghamton)
falis                                  Massachussetts
decur                                Massachussetts

Joey Russo                       New Jersey

Frank I                              New Jersey
leesure                              Philadelphia
baka1969                          Philadelphia
goldme                             Pennsylvania
Mobayrasta                       Maryland
warp08                              Virginia

Recipient #2 in Canada will get them this week.  Boo hoo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back