HE-500 Loaner Program
Feb 22, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #46 of 185
I would like to participate, if there is still room.  I have LCD-2's (as well as Senn HD-650's) and heard the HE-5LE's, HE-6's and HE-6 prototype at a recent meet.  I drive my 'phones with a Little Dot MKIII (with Western Electric 1950's NOS tubes) or a Glimore Lite from Headamp. 

I would also be interested in providing you with professional product photos of the new HE-6P.

I am in the Eastern US.  I can probably pick up or drop off the loaners to Frank I as we are about an hour apart.

-Lee

FWIW...I just added a Woo 6SE amp...not sure if this makes a difference.

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #47 of 185
Count me in please.
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #49 of 185

Quote:
Fang,
Please count me in for US East. Just purchased HE-4 recently and seriously seriously impressed. now i can't shake HE-6 our of my head.

biggrin.gif

I came off the road this week and turned on the rig. OMx, these are the best headphone sound you can get for a dynamic rig. It will be good to hear the P on my portable/road rig. They would displace the RS-1 and I won't have to suffer separation anxiety any more.

Mar 7, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #50 of 185
Fang, is there still a place left on the list for the US West?  If so, please add my name.  

I have the LCD-2, HD800, and LA7000 and for amps I have a Rudistor RP010Bm2 and a modded DNA Sonett. I travel a lot, and at present I take another LA7000, ETY4S and JH13s with me, which all sound fine out of a Kenwood HD60GD9 DAP.

If the HE-6P, or HE-500, sounds as good as you describe, it might be all I need!

thanks
Bud 

Mar 31, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #51 of 185
Hey Guys,

Just a quick update on the Euro program. Fang has sent the loaner to me (Along with an HE4, HE6, RE262, RE272 & an HM601!!) for the UK meet coming up this Saturday. He's asked me to start the Euro ball rolling with the HE500 after the meet which I am more than happy to do.

I'll leave judgement (& a small review) until after I've had a chance to listen to them properly & evaluate them. I will say though, I have a pair of HD800, HD650, DT990 & JH13 here ATM & I'm listening to the HE500 right now. Partly thats because the only amp I have is a SR-71A & it effortlessly powers them.

Mar 31, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #52 of 185
Sounds exiting. Hope I'm still in somewhere along the way for the Euro pair. Since they are supposed to be better than the HE-4 they must be really special

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #54 of 185
fang mentioned ( 2 weeks away) at the last new york head-fi meet on march 19
i would think it will be soon?
i really enjoyed these phones alot!
and want a pair.
the mids are wonderful to me

Apr 3, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #55 of 185
I couldn't make the UK HeadFi meet, but I'd sure like to get a listen to the HE-500 :)
I'm in the UK, with a bunch of tube amps warming up.

BT

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #56 of 185
I heard the HE-500 (wearing them in the photo) for about half an hour at the London head-fi meet and they sounded very good. My initial impressions were very transparent, dynamic and with a fair dose of bass presence too. The crux will be pricing, as anything under £750 makes these a sonic bargain.

I'd like to sign up for the loaner program too.  

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #57 of 185
HE-500 Loaner Program

Here is the list for members to participate in the U.S. HE-500 Loaner Program. The order was picked to minimize shipping costs for everyone
and to lower the shipping times.
The Asian and European Loaner program will be handled separately.

East:

davederek                         NY (Westchester)
jinp6301                            NY (Binghamton)
falis                                  Massachussetts
decur                                Massachussetts 

Joey Russo                       New Jersey
Frank I                              New Jersey
leesure                              Philadelphia
baka1969                          Philadelphia
goldme                             Pennsylvania
Mobayrasta                       Maryland
warp08                              Virginia
Sam Fi                              Florida

Central:

Happy Camper                    Cincinnati
Ishcabible                           Illinois
Gortham                             Wisconsin
dmv915                              Missouri

West:

bodx                                  Phoenix
project86                            San Francisco
dcpoor                                Los Angeles
LFF                                    Southern California
debitsohn                            Los Angeles   

Canada:

eucariote                          St. John's Newfoundland
sokolov                            Montreal
Zida                                 Toronto
wower                              Calgary
sampson-smith                 Saskatchewan  

-Please note: Since there are many more members in the East Region, as soon as the Central and West regions are finished, they will be directed to
send their loaners to the next potential customer in the East. This should be able to make the whole program finish in 6 or less weeks.

-Also, if you requested to be in the program, and you did not indicate were you live, and you do not have your location in your profile (which everyone should),
you were exempt from the program.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Apr 6, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #58 of 185

Quote:
-In order to validate the extra shipping costs to Canada, there will be a minimum of 5 members needed, so we need one more person who meets the criteria.

I'd be very interested in joining the HE-500 testing group in Canada.  I do own a number of high quality & flagship headphones (Ultrasone Ed 8, Denon D7000, Grado RS-1, Senn HD600) and several very good dacs & amps.  I've written comparative reviews before, my feedback is excellent & I know how to care for good headphones.  I live in St. John's Newfoundland, Canda.

Apr 6, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #60 of 185
I was at the UK meet but I forgot to test the HE-500 from Nuwidol.
I currently have a HE6, a Decware Mini Torii (not so good with the HE6) and a Benchmark DAC-1 (whose integrated headamp works quite well).
I will have for loan a LCD2 and a Schiit Lyr. I am not quite sure when I will have them, probably next week and for a few of days, it would be nice if I can make a round up with all these gears alongside the HE-500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back