HE-500 Loaner Program
Jan 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #16 of 185
I'm not worthy.
frown.gif

Though I am looking forward to project86's review!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #17 of 185
I would be more than willing to participate. 

I have a Schiit Asgard ATM. I am curious to see if it would drive these seeing as according to Jason of Schiit, the Asgard will NOT drive the standard HE-6. I also have a Droid and iPod at my disposal. 
I have owned Grado SR225i, Sennheiser HD650, and AKG K702, and possibly and SM3 soon. Nothing too HiFi but decent. 

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #19 of 185
Another willing to try it out, but not sure whether I have the requisite experience.  Currently have the 801 and listen to Grado RS-1a and GR-8 through it.  Massachusetts.

- Ed

Jan 17, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #21 of 185
I will throw my name in the pot as well but if this is popular, I'll defer to those not having had a chance to hear them. 

Jan 18, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #24 of 185
I am interested. Glad you are including Asia Pacific this time around. I have 2 orthos - modded YH-100 and HP-2 along with a Sennheiser HD650.

I have a Music Streamer II DAC and I am getting a EHHA hybrid amplifier in a few days (It is already built). I have been thinking about getting a top tier headphone for some time but was reluctant since I never had a chance to hear something top tier in India. Hopefully you will consider me in the loaner program.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #26 of 185
Okay...I'll try this again. I'm really regretting having to drop out on the first one because I wasn't able to get good enough gear in time because of money constraints and school got in the way. I'm actually considering buying this now too. Well this or a W11JPN.

Ideally I want to be in during the summer, if not, then I can probably squeeze this in as long as it's not my turn during finals...again.

Gear to be used/compared:
First Watt F5 (hopefully I can make this in time)
Yamaha CR-xxx/some other vintage receiver as preamp and alternative amp (Provides as much powah as most other cheapo (<300) headphone amps.)
(If I'm bored I'll make something in my profile.)
AKG K271
AKG K250 (Sextett MP)
AKG K4 (Electret/dynamic like the K340)
Audio Technica ATH-2 (Orthodynamic)
Beyerdynamic DT220
Beyerdynamic DT48A from the 60's (Said to have the most detail, transparency, and resolution of the DT48's)
Fanny Wang Around Ear
Monster Turbine Pro Copper (Why not?)
Smeggipucks
Thunderpants clones
Zen Open Baffle speakers
Sony S9000ES
Squeezebox (probably)

I live in Illinois...so East of the Mississippi.

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #27 of 185
One of the parameters is that a person being involved in the loaner program, should have some experience with higher end orthos. If you never spent time with one, how can you make a proper analysis and form a proper opinion:

Quote:
 ....here are the following parameters:
    * You can keep the headphone for up to one week
    * You must agree to ship the headphone and all of it’s accessories to the next person that we give you that is on the waiting list including using insurance and signature confirmation
    * We ask that you include a small review of the headphones in this headphone loaner thread
    * We ask that only people with experience with higher end or Orthodynamic headphones apply
    * We ask that you treat the HE-6P as if it was your own and take great care in handling and storing the headphone
    * We ask that you have fun and enjoy the loan and share your experience with friends and other Head-Fiers.
    * We reserve the right to deny requests that we feel don’t have the proper amp or experience using high end headphones

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #29 of 185
Actually it says higher end OR Orthodynamics not higher end orthodynamics

One of the parameters is that a person being involved in the loaner program, should have some experience with higher end orthos. If you never spent time with one, how can you make a proper analysis and form a proper opinion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif ....here are the following parameters:

* You can keep the headphone for up to one week

* You must agree to ship the headphone and all of it’s accessories to the next person that we give you that is on the waiting list including using insurance and signature confirmation

* We ask that you include a small review of the headphones in this headphone loaner thread

* We ask that only people with experience with higher end or Orthodynamic headphones apply

* We ask that you treat the HE-6P as if it was your own and take great care in handling and storing the headphone

* We ask that you have fun and enjoy the loan and share your experience with friends and other Head-Fiers.

* We reserve the right to deny requests that we feel don’t have the proper amp or experience using high end headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back