HE-400 troubleshooting progress update and upgrading program
Mar 13, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #78 of 117
No, if it's not shipped by tomorrow I'll ask them since Subatomic said they will all be shipped by tomorrow!

Mar 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #79 of 117

Just got my HE-400 one day early :D. Headphones came in the travel case, so no box for me :frowning2:. The travel case is very nice though, looks better than the product pictures @ head-direct. Lovin that new-paint smell lol.

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #82 of 117
How do you like that travel case so far?  I was thinking of purchasing one if my headphones ever get shipped out.
Anything you dont like about the case so far?
does it have a compartment to hold daps

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #83 of 117
K I'm still listening to it right now but all I can say so far is fast transients, grainless sound, sweet bass, forward mids, and the upper treble is a bit recessed. One thing I noticed though, was that contrary to some reviews, these things don't sound closed/in-your-head (compared to my k702). Listening to Jonathan Stout's Crazy Rhythm album and it sounds very holographic/3D. Perhaps not as holographic as higher up models but definitely better than my AKG in that respect. Btw, my setup = MBP>Bifrost>M-stage. The only negative for me is that the highs are ever so slightly edgy leaning towards harsh.......um whoa weird, ok nvm I don't hear it anymore lmao wat the hell...that was just like 15 min ago. Ok yeah guess no cons for me then. O wait actually these things leak like crazy, more than my AKG anyway. Also, can't say I love the color, not a blue person but meh not a big deal for me.

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #84 of 117

Quote:
How do you like that travel case so far?  I was thinking of purchasing one if my headphones ever get shipped out.
Anything you dont like about the case so far?
does it have a compartment to hold daps

Travel case is awesome though it lacks any pockets for accessories n such. If I ever dropped it a few feet or had it knocked around by ppl say at the airport, headphones will be just fine. The outside shell is quite hard and the inside is soft though not foamy soft like Pelican cases. The inside material is like a semi-soft rubber of sorts and is glued in there so in case you wanna take it out and add in your own custom foam or something you'd be outta luck. The handle is very comfortable to hold, overall it's very well built. I notice no workmanship defects on mine, zipper works great, and everythings sewn in perfectly. But yeah the case is just big enough to hold the headphones and the cable. You could probably squeeze a dap and ipod in but haven't tried yet but there being no pockets means it'll slosh around and potentially damage paint finishes so not gonna risk trying. 

Mar 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #85 of 117
Did they come with 2 sets of pads like they promised? (bonus for preorder/delays, didn't they say they would ship with the normal pads and leather pads?)

Mine still hasn't shipped yet (it is wednesday here), tho fair enough because its only like 8am in China atm :p

Mar 13, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #86 of 117
Nah I didn't opt for the pads so they gave me a travel case instead. Love the pleathers tho, I might get the velour ones later just to see if it ups the comfort lvl.

Quote:
Did they come with 2 sets of pads like they promised? (bonus for preorder/delays, didn't they say they would ship with the normal pads and leather pads?)

Mine still hasn't shipped yet (it is wednesday here), tho fair enough because its only like 8am in China atm :p

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #87 of 117
I still have not gotten any word, or notice about the HE-500's that I paid the promo difference for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back