HE-400 troubleshooting progress update and upgrading program
Mar 14, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #91 of 117
Congrats for all whose patience has been tested. I really want to get a pair of 400s to take on the road so I am like the rest in waiting for impressions. I'll give up my 701s and RS-1s for these so they have to be good enough to give up on some classics. If they are close to the 6 and 500s, I'll not have a problem. Awaiting those with portable amps to give a report.

Mar 14, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #93 of 117
I ordered mine on the 13th as well and this morning the status on the Head-Direct site says shipped, and eta is also Monday the 19th like the above poster.

Once I get it and burn it in, I'll be testing with my Fiio E17 and will post a short review.

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #94 of 117
Annoyingly, mine still havent shipped yet What. I emailed CS late last night and they said it will have shipped yesterday and they will send me a tracking number today.... yea right, ill believe it when I see it!

:frowning2:

Mar 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #96 of 117

Quote:
K I'm still listening to it right now but all I can say so far is fast transients, grainless sound, sweet bass, forward mids, and the upper treble is a bit recessed. One thing I noticed though, was that contrary to some reviews, these things don't sound closed/in-your-head (compared to my k702). Listening to Jonathan Stout's Crazy Rhythm album and it sounds very holographic/3D. Perhaps not as holographic as higher up models but definitely better than my AKG in that respect. Btw, my setup = MBP>Bifrost>M-stage. The only negative for me is that the highs are ever so slightly edgy leaning towards harsh.......um whoa weird, ok nvm I don't hear it anymore lmao wat the hell...that was just like 15 min ago. Ok yeah guess no cons for me then. O wait actually these things leak like crazy, more than my AKG anyway. Also, can't say I love the color, not a blue person but meh not a big deal for me.

Hey, I was wondering if you could add some more direct comparisons between the HE400's and your K702's. I've always kind of teetered if I wanted the 70x's, and if it turned out for some reason the HE400's weren't what I was looking for, I would be somewhat likely to give the 70x's a shot finally.

Mar 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #97 of 117

Quote:
Hey, I was wondering if you could add some more direct comparisons between the HE400's and your K702's. I've always kind of teetered if I wanted the 70x's, and if it turned out for some reason the HE400's weren't what I was looking for, I would be somewhat likely to give the 70x's a shot finally.

Sure but is there something specific you're looking for? Also, I wanna burn these in a little more before making a serious comparison.

Mar 15, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #98 of 117

Quote:
Annoyingly, mine still havent shipped yet What. I emailed CS late last night and they said it will have shipped yesterday and they will send me a tracking number today.... yea right, ill believe it when I see it!

:frowning2:

*FINALLY* shipped! Aahh! But annoyingly they shipped via EMS instead of Fedex. Argh! It's going to take weeks to get here :frowning2: and its not even showing up on EMS tracking yet. Sigh.

Mar 15, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #100 of 117
I'm not sure how it is to Australia, but in the past EMS has made it to the US in under a week for me.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for a shipping confirmation on mine, they said it'd shipped before the weekend so I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Quote:
*FINALLY* shipped! Aahh! But annoyingly they shipped via EMS instead of Fedex. Argh! It's going to take weeks to get here :frowning2: and its not even showing up on EMS tracking yet. Sigh.

Mar 17, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #102 of 117

Quote:
I'm not sure how it is to Australia, but in the past EMS has made it to the US in under a week for me.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for a shipping confirmation on mine, they said it'd shipped before the weekend so I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

They're usually pretty slow for me, and once it's in the country it's handled by Auspost, so who knows lol. I just don't know why they would post everyone elses with fedex but mine with EMS :frowning2: I mean hopefully it should be here this week, it says it left shanghai on thursday night and that was the last update, so its somewhere between there, sydney and brisbane :\

Mar 19, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #103 of 117

They're usually pretty slow for me, and once it's in the country it's handled by Auspost, so who knows lol. I just don't know why they would post everyone elses with fedex but mine with EMS :frowning2: I mean hopefully it should be here this week, it says it left shanghai on thursday night and that was the last update, so its somewhere between there, sydney and brisbane :\

Not sure why they used EMS for you :/ i ordered mine on friday and they are expected to arrive on 21st (Wednesday) with Fedex. I live in Tassie by the way :wink:. When are yours expected to arrive?

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #104 of 117
I got my upgrade whatever HE-500's.  Still seems too early for impression, but I have to say that if my cable is Representative of HE-500 cable the canare is probably the better option.  Not a big deal personally because as soon as a jack I ordered comes in I'm making my own.  The cable I have is pretty stiff and has a pretty uneven braid at the ends.  

Mar 20, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #105 of 117

Quote:
I got my upgrade whatever HE-500's.  Still seems too early for impression, but I have to say that if my cable is Representative of HE-500 cable the canare is probably the better option.  Not a big deal personally because as soon as a jack I ordered comes in I'm making my own.  The cable I have is pretty stiff and has a pretty uneven braid at the ends.  

Enjoy the 500's man (shuffles back to the HE400 club).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back