HDCD list
Feb 15, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #364 of 597
Picked up Sigur Ros's ( ) and it doesn't decode as HDCD. this was new stock in the uk, so it's possible it wasn't released ad HDCD here, or if it was it's been changed.

Aslo, add to the list:

Snake River Conspiracy Sonic Jihad
Morpheus Records (morph 008 cd) released in 2000, mine is the uk copy if that maked any difference, not maked on the case or disc as HDCD.

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #365 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Picked up Sigur Ros's ( ) and it doesn't decode as HDCD. this was new stock in the uk, so it's possible it wasn't released ad HDCD here, or if it was it's been changed.

Back when I started the thread, we found that a Tegan and Sara album had been released HDCD in the USA, but not in Canada, so it might be as simple as that. I don't have the album, but hopefully who does can compare label names/numbers to see if that's it. (Or figure out if it changed/was never really HDCD.)

By the way, I just noticed that some sort of language filter has mangled a few of the entries, like 'Herbie Han****'. A few others look strange, but they could just be artists/albums with a strange name that I've forgotten about
smily_headphones1.gif
Unless it's possible for a moderator to turn the filtering off of that post, there's not much that can be done about it, so just keep it in mind if something looks more bizarre than usual.

Feb 17, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #366 of 597
My Sigur-Ros () is an HDCD title - which is successfully decoded as HDCD within Windows Media Player, my Onix XCD-88, as well as my NAD C-542. The CD appears to have been created in the U.S. and the bar code is 088 113 091-2.

Feb 17, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #367 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by cannedheat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Sigur-Ros () is an HDCD title - which is successfully decoded as HDCD within Windows Media Player, my Onix XCD-88, as well as my NAD C-542. The CD appears to have been created in the U.S. and the bar code is 088 113 091-2.

Mine is somewhat different:

5 413356 492224
fatcd22 piasv122cd

It's on Fat Cat Records, under licence to Play it Again Sam [pias]

Mar 1, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #368 of 597
Eleni Mandell's new CD Miracle of Five is HDCD (though it doesn't have the logo on the cover). It's on Zedtone in North America and V2 in Europe. It's mastered by Joe Gastwirt who did all the Grateful Dead HDCD reissues. Gorgeous, lush recording. More info at www.elenimandell.com

Mar 1, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #370 of 597
Mike Oldfield has a bunch of HDCD remasters out on Virgin, and he's got an entry for that. Do you know if that release of Tubular Bells would fall in that catagory, or should I add it seperately?

Mar 9, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #372 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by django /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eleni Mandell's new CD Miracle of Five is HDCD (though it doesn't have the logo on the cover). It's on Zedtone in North America and V2 in Europe. It's mastered by Joe Gastwirt who did all the Grateful Dead HDCD reissues. Gorgeous, lush recording. More info at www.elenimandell.com

Wow, great news, I love Eleni Mandell. Could you be persuaded to make a thread about it with some more info on what the music is like compared to some of her past stuff? Maybe some info on other music you've been listening to. Probably love that first self-released one best, but they all have great music.

Thanks

Jun 14, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #374 of 597
I have a .pdf of the original list from hdcd.com. i am going to host it for a few days and then delete it. <a href="www.juniperlater.com/hdcd.pdf">Here</a> is the temporary link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back