HD800 VS ORPHEUS(he90/hev90)--THE MARS IMPACT THE EARTH
Jan 16, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #63 of 76
Have to say, excellent review.
smily_headphones1.gif
The opening picture sums up all the essential information on the HE90. Acts an abstract, I love it.

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #65 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesterqw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
from my average chinese reading skills (for 3 years, everything i studies was in english :p) agreed price was 320000RMB which he then later paid only 120000RMB.

He got the system before he fully paid the seller???

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #66 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rofl.

I wonder if the OP has a DT48 or is planning to get a T1?

Based on what he wrote, he would hate the DT48.. If I can get the T1 for a grand I'll bite when I get my tax return..

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #67 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So he robbed the guy?

Technically no, the deal did not go through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanuthead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He got the system before he fully paid the seller???

Originally seller posted headphone+amp for 30,0000RMB. Buyer offered 32,0000RMB to be deliverd by door step in person.

The buyer said he would pay 320,000 RMB about $40,000 USD up front if the seller could deliver the system (HE90 headphone and the original amp) to his place. So the seller and his father went to Shanghai by airplane (they are from different city i guess) and stayed in a 5 star hotel.

Then next day both party met up, and went to buyer's place to test out the system. The buyer went througth some 20+ CDs and listened the system from 9:30 PM untill midnight. After listening section buyer took crazy amount of pictures of the system in detail. After that sellers went back to hotel with system. Ofcourse you don't want leave something like that in some stranger's home. About 1:10am buyer called in offered 120,000 RMB about $14,000~$15,000 USD, and later buyer offered little more money. No deal. Both party want to negotiate more on price next day at 8:00~9:00am.

Next morning seller and his dad woke up, and saw the buyer posted he does not want to buy the system on the erji.net fourm at 8:00am.

Seller and his dad left the city with system on same day.

Some where down the line buyer offered to pay off ONE person's airplane ticket, but denied by seller's dad.

Seller want:
1. Buyer apologize in public on the fourm.
2. Call seller to apologize in person
3. To compensate seller about 5000 RMB about $720USD for air plane ticket, hotel, car, and (maybe) scrach on the headphone/amp.

Now, erji.net fourm has locked 音乐与耳机( ATHFAN铁三角饭 )'s account.

erji.net is like head-fi.org in China

Jan 17, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #71 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Technically no, the deal did not go through.

Originally seller posted headphone+amp for 30,0000RMB. Buyer offered 32,0000RMB to be deliverd by door step in person.

The buyer said he would pay 320,000 RMB about $40,000 USD up front if the seller could deliver the system (HE90 headphone and the original amp) to his place. So the seller and his father went to Shanghai by airplane (they are from different city i guess) and stayed in a 5 star hotel.

Then next day both party met up, and went to buyer's place to test out the system. The buyer went througth some 20+ CDs and listened the system from 9:30 PM untill midnight. After listening section buyer took crazy amount of pictures of the system in detail. After that sellers went back to hotel with system. Ofcourse you don't want leave something like that in some stranger's home. About 1:10am buyer called in offered 120,000 RMB about $14,000~$15,000 USD, and later buyer offered little more money. No deal. Both party want to negotiate more on price next day at 8:00~9:00am.

Next morning seller and his dad woke up, and saw the buyer posted he does not want to buy the system on the erji.net fourm at 8:00am.

Seller and his dad left the city with system on same day.

Some where down the line buyer offered to pay off ONE person's airplane ticket, but denied by seller's dad.

Seller want:
1. Buyer apologize in public on the fourm.
2. Call seller to apologize in person
3. To compensate seller about 5000 RMB about $720USD for air plane ticket, hotel, car, and (maybe) scrach on the headphone/amp.

Now, erji.net fourm has locked 音乐与耳机( ATHFAN铁三角饭 )'s account.

erji.net is like head-fi.org in China

so tldr: athfan doesnt have he90 and amp?

Jan 17, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #72 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by n3rdling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So he doesn't own the Orpheus and he's trying to make an in depth, direct comparison between it and the HD800?

and that's why he couldnt take a better picture??

Jan 17, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #73 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjinh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so tldr: athfan doesnt have he90 and amp?

It feels like ATHFAN is also avoiding the topic altogether by dismissing it and replying to other topics. I see no attempt to defend oneself...
ph34r.gif
Shady... Please prove me wrong.

Dec 21, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #74 of 76
ATHFAN, or should I address you as Mr Zhu Zhenjun

Sorry that you're here to disgust me myself as well as many headphiles from China, however, you're quite "reputated" a freak that never stops ruining headphones and our mood of listening.

You always know that you're quite a clown after the cheating event of Orpheus on erji.net, which is known to most Chinese head-fiers as the head-fi of China. Is the sentense "I'll take the set of Orpheus for 320,000 RMB" still around your ear? , well, actually your final bid after the seller was there in Shanghai, was only, "120,000 RMB".

And what's more, when would you like to delete the stolen article translated articles authorized by Mr Roger Russel, who was the former designer of McIntosh, or shall we meet on the court some day for your offending our Intellectual Right?

I was wondering that how you have survived after so much curse, and hereby on behalf of myself, I curse you again.

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #75 of 76
Great comparison, but I disagree HE90 is largest soundstage in the world, I prefer HD800 is largest,  HE90 may be better in the height of the stage but generally is not largest one. That is just based other audiophiles' impression. Also I disagree that HD800’s midrange is dull and a bit dry, it depends on the quality of the record. It is picky but it is definitely sounds great if the record is well made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back