HD800 VS ORPHEUS(he90/hev90)--THE MARS IMPACT THE EARTH
Jan 14, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #16 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know of a good Chinese to English translation service on the web? I tried using the one from Google and it was horrible.

I would like to know more about what happened.

I can translate it for you, but I doubt the mods will like it due to the drama involved. Let's take it to PM if you really want to know what happened.

Jan 14, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #17 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can translate it for you, but I doubt the mods will like it due to the drama involved. Let's take it to PM if you really want to know what happened.

Can you forward me the copypaste version?

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #19 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you say that QUALIA are artificial than something wrong with your system matching, sorry my friend. And how could SA5000 be in the line with them, lost totally up here.
Second, first time I read about thin HD800 mids, while almost every post you read, its about their magic mids/vocals reproduction.
Third, HD800 are spacey, yes, but no way their image is the same or very close to K1000, sorry they do sound like a headphones and K1000 like a real speakers, only on your head and QUALIA are more closer to K1000, at least to my ears. They are the only Sony I can call as HIGH END. I even found HD800 image bit unfocused by comparison, but that's something else and I may get another chance one day.
And last one, if its true that HE90 are pretty close to HE60, which I don't know, only tried HE60, then I am choosing Stax.

The 800 walks all over the K1000...it's not even close.

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #20 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by vai-777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 800 walks all over the K1000...it's not even close.

It really amuses me how some folks 'round here state their opinion as fact. And I just quoted this above as an example. Clearly, this forum has become rampant with such things.

Maybe it's always been this way and I'm just becoming more aware of it now.

To be clear: This is just my opinion.

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #22 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATHFAN铁三角饭 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can say the midrange of Orpheus is like the body of American, then the midrange of HD800 like Asian.

hahaha. that made me chuckle.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the OP's expression in the first pic.

that's the face i make when i sit on the toilet.

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #25 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the HD800 midrange is sexier, yeah?

Nah, he is saying the HD800 mids are thin and poor and the Orpheus way fuller and richer.
regular_smile .gif

No offences guys, just a joke. :p

Jan 15, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #29 of 76
OP (ATHFAN) is indeed very famous/infamous in several Chinese hifi forums. He behaved irresponsibly in a deal of Orpheus and was condemned by many. But other than that, he is truely a crazy fan of all kinds of headphones. He has a shocking collection of cans, and spends all his leisure time savouing them. I'd say he is quite a bit lost in his hobbies, but his opinions are valuable based on his abundant experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back