HD800 vs HE500
Dec 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #211 of 1,025
  HE-500 is good most of the time and anybody plugging it into anything will get it's "proper" sound.

HE-6 can put the hurtin' on you if you don't give it enough current, dem treble spikes.

Taming something difficult is fun though, and thats why it has something of a cult following. I personally believe it's in my top 3 headphones, along with HD-800, and LCD-2.

Which, the HE-6, or the HE-500?

Dec 23, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #212 of 1,025

Which, the HE-6, or the HE-500?

i think he meant the HE-6 since the HE-500 doesn't have anything to tame, only to improve 
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #213 of 1,025
I'd agree the 500, while a value, is not the comparison for equal footing to the 800s. A well tweaked 500 is a pleasure and maybe even the choice of those who's tastes it meets. But there are some weaknesses that just can't be tweeked away from a objective standpoint.

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #214 of 1,025
Looks like i will have the chance to do a comparison soon since i'm fed up with the HE-500 comfort, i did my fair share of headband bending and i don't want to change pads because sonically i really like the jergpads. So i'll probably go check out the HD-800 again tomorrow, first time around a couple of years ago my equipment wasn't really up to it. But now with V200/V800 and a Phoenix things are looking better. And there's that mod to reduce the treble peak if needed.

Think i'm pissed and excited at the same time lol 
blink.gif

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #215 of 1,025
  Looks like i will have the chance to do a comparison soon since i'm fed up with the HE-500 comfort, i did my fair share of headband bending and i don't want to change pads because sonically i really like the jergpads. So i'll probably go check out the HD-800 again tomorrow, first time around a couple of years ago my equipment wasn't really up to it. But now with V200/V800 and a Phoenix things are looking better. And there's that mod to reduce the treble peak if needed.

Think i'm pissed and excited at the same time lol 
blink.gif

You will find much comfort with the HD800.  That you can be certain. :)  Well, that's where the extra $600 come in.
tongue.gif

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #216 of 1,025
I'd agree the 500, while a value, is not the comparison for equal footing to the 800s. A well tweaked 500 is a pleasure and maybe even the choice of those who's tastes it meets. But there are some weaknesses that just can't be tweeked away from a objective standpoint.

Bolded what I think is the key to this debate even existing.

A girl could cook fantastic food, read great books, be really active and involved in tons of community work and have lots of great friends, but ultimately the dude might just prefer redhead instead of blonde.

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #217 of 1,025

A girl could cook fantastic food, read great books, be really active and involved in tons of community work and have lots of great friends, but ultimately the dude might just prefer redhead instead of blonde.

+1

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #218 of 1,025

I'll take one of each. 
evil_smiley.gif

In the meantime, I'm going nutz waiting for the FedEx truck to arrive. My ears can't stand the tension.

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #219 of 1,025
  I'll take one of each. 
evil_smiley.gif

In the meantime, I'm going nutz waiting for the FedEx truck to arrive. My ears can't stand the tension.

I thought you were about to say "my p..nts can't stand the tension" in the context of red heads and blondes. 
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #220 of 1,025
  I'll take one of each. 
evil_smiley.gif

I thought you were about to say "my p..nts can't stand the tension" in the context of red heads and blondes. 
evil_smiley.gif

That too, only I was too embarrassed to come clean. 

Dec 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #222 of 1,025
  Hahaha yeah i want that comfort bad, though i'm gonna try and get a demo model for a discount and talk them into honoring the full 2yr warranty. Wish me luck 
biggrin.gif

It weighs less and the cups are actually anatomically correct and angled as if the ears on your head didn't point in a straight line (they don't right? :D)

Dec 23, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #224 of 1,025
  FedEx has come and gone. 
beyersmile.png
 My inital impressions are at the below post. In a word, saweeeeet.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/551345/hifiman-he-500-he-as-in-high-end-impressions-and-feedback/10080#post_10093232

Were missing important details in the story man. What were you wearing when you answered the door?

Also FedEx rules. Speaking from experience. Only people I trust to deliver my firearms-related packages without trying to converse with me about my private mail and/or a visibly repackaged box LOL.

Dec 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #225 of 1,025
Were missing important details in the story man. What were you wearing when you answered the door?

Also FedEx rules. Speaking from experience. Only people I trust to deliver my firearms-related packages without trying to converse with me about my private mail and/or a visibly repackaged box LOL.

Lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back