HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
Oct 16, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #151 of 359
I agree with the guy who surmised that in a vain attempt to keep up with JVC, Sennheiser tired to incorporate carbon natto tube technology in their drivers. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #153 of 359
Maybe they got fed too much poo-er. 

(yup not havin a good day myself..)

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #156 of 359
Me too, tell us about the stinking discount you got..

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #159 of 359
Hey, where's the rest of the story? I smell something fishy going on. 
blink.gif

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #161 of 359
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #162 of 359
I have a feeling we're all going to need a bath after we finally hear the "harrowing" end to this story. At this point if it doesn't include international espionage and a sexy double agent as well as the cavalry charging down the hill to save the day I think it's going to be extremely anti-climactic.
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #163 of 359
This is one of those stories that have no endings, but also an infinite number of endings. It has been purposefully left open to interpretation by the author for readers to determine for themselves what the ending should be. Like the ending of Inception, where our protagonist may be living in a dream, or perhaps a dream within a dream, we have to ask ourselves if there was a smell, or perhaps a finer aroma within the overbearing scent. We have to ask ourselves whether it was even a smell in the first place, or perhaps it was actually an unpalatable taste, or a taste within the taste or a smell within a taste within another smell. Or maybe it is really you, the reader, who really owns this pair of smelly, distasteful headphones and that the story is not complete because you have not completed your next course of action on your own pair of headphones to allow for this story to progress. And that you are actually mrscotchguy. That you have a split personality. And that, I, Sonido am also you, but a third personality that cannot withstand your complaints any longer to finish up the story, and that I am giving you a hint on what all of this means, and why the story is not finished. Because simply stated, the story cannot finish unless you release all inhibitions, and only then can you truly complete the story yourself. So listen to me. Listen to yourself.

So quit complaining and go listen to your smelly headphones.

Oct 17, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #164 of 359
Well I think this thread has been a breath of fresh air! 

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #165 of 359
I'll throw in a cheap HD-800 story to hold us over!  

I took the bait on a "too good to be true" HD-800 deal.  The seller offered them at $600 with a promise that the only issue were damaged cables.  Easy fix, right?  When the headphones arrived they condition was not exactly as advertised.  The headphones themselves were in perfect condition, but the pads were, well, not.  They appeared to have been used for daily workouts or some other activity that left them looking far worse than any other I have ever seen, or smelled.  I honestly could hardly bring myself to touch them.

Literally equipped with rubber gloves the pads were easily removed and burned in my back yard.  Putting them in the garbage just didn't seem adequate to properly dispose of the waste product.

A quick sanitizing of the headband and headphones left them in as new condition.  Sennheiser had new ear pads and headband pad to my doorstep in a days time.  A friend passed on an unused stock cable and they were up and running in no time.

I was still $$ ahead after a little effort.  I wonder how the OP made out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back