HD800 "Anaxilus" Mod
Feb 14, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #271 of 278
New to the idea of modding my hd800's but, hey .......why not.

I just picked up some 1.8mm smooth foam sheets (with aggressive backing). The felt sheet on the tip of that, that for example tyl uses, how important is that and what does it do or add?

I guess this is a sick and see approach but is there a theory to the using of that felt and any ideas/experience here?

Thanks

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #272 of 278
We get it.
You have a 'problem' with SAA.

What you call "throw money away" and "sloppy unprofessional job" and "Leaving the driver improperly secured" etc. etc., just tell me, again, you don't get it.
Case in point is, these changes are PART of the mod, along with several others.

We get it, you will never like this path to improving the 800's, period.

My advice is let it go.
Unless you enjoy being angry.
I for one would rather pay attention to what brings me enjoyment…

Speaking for myself and perhaps others of us who have '"thrown our money away" for a "sloppy unprofessional job", ""Leaving the driver improperly secured" etc. etc., I/we are quite happy with the results, thank you very much.

And I don't believe, for even 1 second, that the results were not worth every penny.

If you can achieve satisfactory results via other methods so much the better for you.

But your insults and tedious jabbing at those who DO like these results is becoming tiresome.

Again,
Let It Go.
Or not.
Your choice.

I for one will just turn up the volume just a bit and get sucked into the music, which is simply sublime.

Peace, Out…

JJ

Hello Johnjen I just came back to read this post,
And so I gave it some thought. .
And I must agree with you (!), not to hold anger.

This is a hobby we must all enjoy.
We all have lives and seek our hobby for enjoyment.
So my apologies for coming off rude.
I was sincere in my worries because the two screws are on the same side, and the least thing should have been on opposite sides..

But was not my intention to cause harm or insult as I do realize the mod is adressing to fix issues.
Also,
From my observations,
The SAA endorphin cable is tuned to give the HD800 a sweet character, so it doesn't matter how it was achieved, as it does impart a sweetness compared to other cables.
I was wrong to base it on wirr size.
Experience changes opinions.
The only fault I "could" say about the cable is a less noticable bass extension, but this was most likely intentional,
As my friend's hd800 is very clear beautiful sound with this cable.

So basically it's human nature to fall into misunderstandings,
And I mean no disrespect to owners of SAA mods.
Hope that clears things as this was old stuff but just wanted to clear the air.

Apr 29, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #273 of 278
Excellent!!!!!

I'm glad to see that you understand that others have different priorities and goals in what they want in their systems.

And yeah the bass could be considered by some as 'light' but I resolved that some time back with EQ, and have since gone way beyond those early attempts at compensation.

Sometimes we can all to easily get caught up in our passions for this hobby.
It takes an individual with character to see where we can sometimes let our passions get the better of us, and I include myself in this as well.

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it! 
atsmile.gif

JJ

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #275 of 278
Jun 13, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #276 of 278
I hate to resurrect a thread this old but I wanted to share a recent discovery. I tried a few materials for this mod and I found that the fuzzy side of industrial Velcro from Home Depot has the best absorption properties for my system. What is really cool is that the Velcro already has an adhesive backing. Just make sure you use the fuzzy side! I hope that helps!

Nov 18, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #277 of 278
Anyone else find that the Anax mod lessens the midrange and doesn't really give any more bass? The SDR mode is noticeable, but to me the Anax mod made my HD800 sound worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back