HD650 uses HD580 drivers??
Oct 1, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #376 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on a giant overreaction and depriving yourself of a great listening experience.
rolleyes.gif

There's no point in further posts in this thread until there's an update from Sennheiser. What we know up to this point is that the 650s are definitely NOT supposed to have the same drivers and that most of us don't have hd580 stamped on our drivers. What hasn't been explained yet, and this is the only thing, is what that designation on the driver means. Maybe there was a fabrication error and a bunch of 650 drivers got marked the wrong way? I just love how 99% of the people here are jumping to the conclusion that the big-bad-Sennheiser intentionally put inferior drivers into their headphones and they were so clever as to clearly mark the drivers. Again,
rolleyes.gif
. Some folks need to take a deep breath and realize that this thread (and this site) are so far from the top of Sennheiser's things to do list that it might take a while to get an answer. Calm down.

X 10! (If I could count for ten people!)

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #377 of 509
I called Mary Jo at Senn. I'm sure nothing underhanded is going on. Like I said before, the diafram in the 650 is the same as in the 580/600 and some moron stamped the latest run with the HD580 imprint.

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:14 PM Post #378 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many people here have calls and/or written senn to try to get a response? All I've seen is people complain and speculate. I have yet to see someone actually do something useful.

Can't speak for anyone else, but at the moment its 7 for me.

I tried several Sennheiser addresses and used my 3 email addresses. Oh and I sent one to Amazon. Not got one reply.

Kwkarth[The Mod] has phoned Sennheiser USA, got fobbed off and he asked Tyll of Headroom.

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:46 PM Post #380 of 509
Good grief, I cannot believe people are so ready to use the "it's a big company" excuse. Size matters not, all it takes is just a quick little post that reads "we are looking into this and will get back to you as soon as possible". Communication is the key to appearing proactive and helps the 'olde' reputation as well (just something I have learnt).

I agree with N_Maher, we should just wait for a response and from what I have read many people have tried several avenues to get one, so something is bound to come back.

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #381 of 509
As a Grado fan; it's kinda fun to see a different company catch some heat for a change!

We may get some answers today though. It's another new week and maybe everybody's back to work after the weekend.

....or maybe not.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just kidding. As an HD600 owner I'm just as curious as the rest of Y'all as to why there have been no additional responses from Senns, especially considering how many attempts have been made to contact them through various other channels.

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:14 PM Post #382 of 509
Kwkarth did say he should get a Headroom reply today. Tyll was not at work last week.

Oct 1, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #383 of 509
so, i lost track of this thread after a while because it didnt seem that we were going to get an answer, but from what i remember this problem has only occured in headphones purchased outside of the US right?

Oct 1, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #384 of 509
Hi Guys!
I'm back! And guess what my first task was? To read 20 pages of speculation! Oh well, that's life.

So, I'll start with my speculation. My guess is that Sennheiser changed some manufacturing process and started laser labling diaphragms. I'd bet the 580, 600, and 650 DIAPHRAGM was exactly the same design, so the manufacturing documentation for it probably says "HD580" and that's what got put on the diaphragms as they were built.

I checked some of our 580s, and there's no HD580 with labels on the diaphragm. What that means to me is that the 580 never had lables on the driver and what were seeing is new drivers with lables from eng documents. Why else otherwize would these drivers just start showing up. And don't say because they are using old diaphragms, because the old 580 diaphragms weren't labled.

Anyway ..... I am curious. So, one thing we're doing is measuring some older 650s and some of the newer 650s. All the new 650 we have in stock do say 580 on the driver. Since you can tell the difference between 600s and 650s (BTW I don't subscribe to there being as much difference as many would claim, but there are measurable differences) this should be pretty diffinitive.

However, additionally, I've sent some emails off to Germany to some of the folks I know there and we'll see if I get any answers.

Oct 1, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #385 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, additionally, I've sent some emails off to Germany to some of the folks I know there and we'll see if I get any answers.

We'll have another 20 pages by then
icon10.gif

Will look forward to your findings.

Oct 1, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #386 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so, i lost track of this thread after a while because it didnt seem that we were going to get an answer, but from what i remember this problem has only occured in headphones purchased outside of the US right?

As Tyll has attested to ['All the new 650 we have in stock do say 580 on the driver'] and someone bought one, Headroom have some, so thats North America!
Unless they're sourced from Europe Tyll?

Thanks btw Tyll.
biggrin.gif

My annoyance has been growing over 15 pages and lots of unanswered email, you can't judge my response from a few posts.

Oct 1, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #387 of 509
I just want to say it is pretty sad to see Headroom's doing the thing which should be done be Sennheiser itself.

Thank you for helping our community, Tyll.

Oct 1, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #388 of 509
Tyll = good guy.
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
Thanks....

Oct 1, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #389 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As Tyll has attested to ['All the new 650 we have in stock do say 580 on the driver'] and someone bought one, Headroom have some, so thats North America!
Unless they're sourced from Europe Tyll?

hello,

FYI -- All HeadRoom HD650 headphones come to us direct from the German plant via Sennheiser's North American distribution system (out of CT) ...

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales /Product Manager

Oct 1, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #390 of 509
^ Well that suggests its a Euro problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back