HD650 uses HD580 drivers??
Sep 20, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #151 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by zkn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's no such things as experience or professionalism?

That's great. I'll be off to set up my own studio now. Incompetence? There's no such thing :)

I wouldn't call listening closely trained ears.

Seriously, trained/golden ears is a huge bit of BS that gets tossed around here, all the time.

The only thing you can "train" your ears to hear are artifacts from lossy encoding, but even then, it isn't "training" so much as listening closely.

Sep 20, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #153 of 509
Quote:

Obviously I meant the ability to analyze the heard sound.

Some ears are also less damaged than others.

Well, yeah. I usually say "everyone's ears are the same excluding hearing damage, genetic defects, time, age, etc..." but I didn't feel like typing it all out.

Sep 21, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #155 of 509
I bought my 650's from J&R Music World back in April 2007.
The drivers in mine only have dates written on them, and nothing else.
They also have the metallic damping material around the diaphragm housing.

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #157 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDeliveryMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD580 and HD650 do not use the same drivers. Period.

Now lets get back to speculating the HD750 ok?
wink.gif

I couldn't have imagined a more disappointing answer than this.It looks like Sennheiser (or at least this guy) doesn't care about the quality and the fame of their products as much as we do.
It is obvious that there is something "wrong" with their "flagship" headphones. I feel like I have to remind you that this is not some kind of ordinary product and after paying that amount of money we deserve at least a more truthful answer which doesn't sound like it is making fun of us.

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #158 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by solomon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Made in Ireland, the headphones say. HD580,600 and 650 are the only three headphones that are made in Ireland now. All other models are made in China.

Yup, mine is made in Ireland too. I got one from the first production run.

So, if anything was changed, i should notice. I'll have a look inside mine.

I had the hd580 jubilee, the hd600 and currently own the hd650 and the hd650 IS nowhere near the same as the hd600. If any, the hd580 and hd600 are very very close and i still believe the hd580 jubilee is the hd600.

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #159 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't have imagined a more disappointing answer than this.It looks like Sennheiser (or at least this guy) doesn't care about the quality and the fame of their products as much as we do.
It is obvious that there is something "wrong" with their "flagship" headphones. I feel like I have to remind you that this is not some kind of ordinary product and after paying that amount of money we deserve at least a more truthful answer which doesn't sound like it is making fun of us.

Well, he said enough. The hd580 and the hd600 are not using the same drivers as the hd650! That's pretty clear. He also stated that if you wanna be sure to get an original retail product, you should buy from a reputable listed retailer or importer.

The easiest thing to do is to compare your phones with somebody elses headphone, then you know for sure if there is a difference!

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #160 of 509
Quote:

Mine looks like the upper (read: uglier) one.

The picture on the bottom is just like mine, one of the first run. That's what it should like. The top picture looks like a whole different driver.
blink.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #161 of 509
What do you mean that's what it "should" be like?

Secondly, it has been said that the top picture shows an HD650 that uses a different acoustic dampening material. The drivers are the same.

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #162 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, he said enough. The hd580 and the hd600 are not using the same drivers as the hd650! That's pretty clear. He also stated that if you wanna be sure to get an original retail product, you should buy from a reputable listed retailer or importer!

Except it was a worthless answer, twice.

In a perfect world the 580/600 do not have the same driver as the 650. In a perfect world there are no errors.

We're not living in a perfect world and we're asking about a potential error.

Its like asking why my banana is blue, then being told by an 'expert' that bananas are good for me.

Sep 21, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #163 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, he said enough. The hd580 and the hd600 are not using the same drivers as the hd650! That's pretty clear. He also stated that if you wanna be sure to get an original retail product, you should buy from a reputable listed retailer or importer.

The easiest thing to do is to compare your phones with somebody elses headphone, then you know for sure if there is a difference!

He said enough??He really said nothing.What we are asking is why it writes hd580 on a HD650.It is that simple.
If you don't know why,then you just don't answer.
As stated, we are not in a error free world and I am enough mature to understand there could be errora at products.All I want to get is a logical and mature answer to my question.
And saying that if you wanna be sure just compare it to another one is just like saying "That don't worry about the fly in your soup.It wont make you sick
and still tastes like a fly-free one."

Sep 21, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #164 of 509
These seriously lack the impact.

Does this really change with burn in? Hard to imagine any drastic change..

Maybe it's my DAC-1? Edit: Now that I'm looking closer it reads CMOY in the back panel.

Sep 21, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #165 of 509
Just emailed Senn.co.uk. Hope they're not as flippant as the rep in here.

I'll make a new thread if they give me a worthwhile answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back