HD650 or Rs1i
Nov 9, 2010 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

brobilly

100+ Head-Fier
I really don't know which one to buy since there arent any pro-audio store or something like that near my place.
so any reviews or recommendations?
i listen to rock, r&b, pop a lot. and some classical music also.

oh, btw, how does these two sound like compare to JH5 PRO? I have the custom IEM for a while and wondering if these cans sound much better than the IEM.

my questions sounds stupid, sorry.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #2 of 6
I have never heard the RS1is, but I have RS1s. If you have to choose without hearing, you are safest with the 650s, as the RS1s can be too aggressive in the highs if you are not
careful with upstream equipment. So I would start with the 650s, which can be a bit dull, but are always pleasant to use with just about any music.
I actually like them on rock/popular, as they tame or recess the higs/upper mids nicely of some harsher recordings, but at the expense of some resolution.
I think you need to move up the phone food chain to get the best of both worlds.

Nov 9, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #4 of 6
thats true. but its much harder to decide an amp for hd650, there are so many choices, but for rs1i, i think ra1 is the best right? i am a kind of person that dont want make tough choices. haha

btw, i love your profile pic, i really wanna get that one! 

Quote:
I have never heard the RS1is, but I have RS1s. If you have to choose without hearing, you are safest with the 650s, as the RS1s can be too aggressive in the highs if you are not
careful with upstream equipment. So I would start with the 650s, which can be a bit dull, but are always pleasant to use with just about any music.
I actually like them on rock/popular, as they tame or recess the higs/upper mids nicely of some harsher recordings, but at the expense of some resolution.
I think you need to move up the phone food chain to get the best of both worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back