HD650 HD650 HD650!
Jun 17, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #61 of 71
Apparently that is a common problem due to the large open surface with the 650s, no surprise I suspect. I'm glad to hear your set has improved. I know my friend didn't have a proper amp and he wasn't really getting his 650s driven well so he didn't really notice the buzzing. When we hooked the 650s up to my Valhalla with some really deep bass from good recordings the buzzing was very clear and I felt so bad about breaking the news to him. It sounded so bad I was sure it was a fried driver until he asked questions here and learned what to look for. Sounds like your experience is the same. Keep on enjoying those 650s! Cheers.

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #62 of 71
I just purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD650s from razordogdeals.com Since this model has become the most talked about standard by which everyone compares other cans to, I figured it's about time I buy a pair and see what all the fuss is about.

By the way if you're considering a pair of these headphones, be-sure to contact Brian first at blarson@razordogdeals.com and see if he can offer you an incentive to buy like he just did for me.

Jul 12, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #63 of 71
I just couldn't get over the 'veil' that really marred my listening experience with the HD650. It sounds like there are no high frequencies and that allows for a more laid back presentation but that's unnatural IMO. The K702's sound way better since i own both...Way more detail, better soundstage and a much clearer presentation.

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #64 of 71
try to remove the foam covering the drivers (and cover it with a thinner material) to see if it will help, which i doubt haha

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #65 of 71
I have been eyeing these HD 650s for some time now but have some concerns if my iBasso D12 will be able to drive them to my full satisfaction.
I do not want to end up buying another amp just to support one upgrade 
confused.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #66 of 71
I just couldn't get over the 'veil' that really marred my listening experience with the HD650. It sounds like there are no high frequencies and that allows for a more laid back presentation but that's unnatural IMO. The K702's sound way better since i own both...Way more detail, better soundstage and a much clearer presentation.

A common observation but what about long-term listening fatigue with the K702's vs the HD650's?

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #69 of 71
There is no Veil. 
Its just the laidback presentation of the HD650. You can call it veil if you want, but its not like it have some "veil"-defect.
I would never suggest HD650 before HD600 to a person who seeks a allrounder though.
HD650 can be pretty boring after a while, the HD600 sounds more alive and song after song it still impress me. 

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #70 of 71
Quote:
There is no Veil. 
Its just the laidback presentation of the HD650. You can call it veil if you want, but its not like it have some "veil"-defect.
I would never suggest HD650 before HD600 to a person who seeks a allrounder though.
HD650 can be pretty boring after a while, the HD600 sounds more alive and song after song it still impress me. 

I had a pair of HD650s a few years ago and those, if I remember right, were more laid back than my current very recent pair.  The current pair has excellent detail retrieval and nice tight bass.

Feb 13, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #71 of 71
Quote:
I had a pair of HD650s a few years ago and those, if I remember right, were more laid back than my current very recent pair.  The current pair has excellent detail retrieval and nice tight bass.

Same with this one purchased a few months ago. OK, it is very slightly laid back, but not that much. Very well controlled bass and no lack of detail. It's also not dark at all.
HD-600 bores me in comparison. I guess i'm weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back