HD650 HD650 HD650!
Dec 7, 2006 at 2:18 PM Post #16 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hahaha, so true. you should see the stacks of CD's littering my desk right now.

If you haven't listened to Massive Attack with the 650s yet.....DO IT...DO IT NOW
eggosmile.gif
They sound so different then on the 580/595: bass lines I never knew existed before!!

Dec 7, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #17 of 71
yeah for the $$ they are tops no doubt. still SENN needs a new can!!

I want a 5.1 Senn headphone w/ pulsing neon accents.

Dec 7, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #18 of 71
Doesn't Sennheiser already cater to the consumer HT crowd with their wireless series? I know their wireless supports SRS surround headphone. You can have surround dsps....my DAC1 sounds much more impactful then any HT reciever!!!

IMO, the 650 is a bit of a departure from 580/600.....think they redid the driver to be more of an upgrade to the faster 595. Will be interesting to see what the next generation of Senns will be: some hybrid were you get the speed of the 595 and the detail of the 650 would be AMAZING
eggosmile.gif

Dec 7, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #19 of 71
Even with the total bithead amp I'm already picking up on all sorts of new detail that my MS-1s and a900s couldn't give me. The biggest spot I've heard it is in some Diana Krall tracks. She'll be playing on the piano and there is a matching guitar chord that I never heard before. Now I can actually here that guitar playing where with all my other audio stuff the Piano just drowned it out.

I need to get some serious time in with these.

Dec 7, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #20 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by schapman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having no amp at work I had to hook them up to the headphone output of my iriver which took about 95% volume level to get to a normal listening level.

I use them straight from my H340 as well, currently, until my amp arrives. Do you use Rockbox? I play at about -10/-15dB in Rockbox. It's good out of the iRiver already, I can't wait to amp it and make it shine!

Dec 7, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #21 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use them straight from my H340 as well, currently, until my amp arrives. Do you use Rockbox? I play at about -10/-15dB in Rockbox. It's good out of the iRiver already, I can't wait to amp it and make it shine!

I wasn't using rockbox with my iriver until my UM2s showed up. Now it's hard to listen to even 192bit mp3.

Dec 7, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #22 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, the 650 is a bit of a departure from 580/600.....think they redid the driver to be more of an upgrade to the faster 595.

i agree the 650 sounds faster to me too than the 580. a lot of people were complaining that the 650's have more bass bloom, but it must have to do with amp synergy, because in my setup I'm not hearing more bass bloom at all. more kick in the bass, a little deeper, but not boomy bass. highs seem more forward to me too compared to the 580. i guess i don't understand people's complaints about the 650's being darker. must be a synergy thing, cause to me where the 580 seemed deficient, the 650 sounds more balanced.

Dec 7, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #24 of 71
None of that!

As long as I'm happy with the amp when it shows I think I might have finally cured my headphone needs. M3->HD650 for general, m3->ms-1 for rock, and the iriver->UM2 for portable. As much as I'd like to, I still can't justify the cost for the recable of the hd650s.

It's almost sad that in a couple weeks I might be done my head-fi journey.

Dec 7, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #25 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i agree the 650 sounds faster to me too than the 580. a lot of people were complaining that the 650's have more bass bloom, but it must have to do with amp synergy, because in my setup I'm not hearing more bass bloom at all. more kick in the bass, a little deeper, but not boomy bass. highs seem more forward to me too compared to the 580. i guess i don't understand people's complaints about the 650's being darker. must be a synergy thing, cause to me where the 580 seemed deficient, the 650 sounds more balanced.

Think some people percieve the 580/600 as being brighter because of the difference in mids....with the 650s I'm finding they're silky smooth....that with the extended bass means percussions sound so sweet!!! It definitely has more upper treble, so I think it's better balanced then the 580 (but as stated, I like the 580 with guitar more for it's difference in tonality)

Dec 7, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #26 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now you need to buy an upgrade cable to enjoy them even more.
evil_smiley.gif

Which one to get though!!!!?
eggosmile.gif
I'm thinking I might save the dough for the Silver Dragon. I've also just found a mod board for my SACD player....what's another $1k. Such a money pit here
eggosmile.gif

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #27 of 71
Dec 8, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #29 of 71
Quote:

Even with the total bithead amp I'm already picking up on all sorts of new detail that my MS-1s and a900s couldn't give me. The biggest spot I've heard it is in some Diana Krall tracks. She'll be playing on the piano and there is a matching guitar chord that I never heard before. Now I can actually here that guitar playing where with all my other audio stuff the Piano just drowned it out.

I need to get some serious time in with these.

The key is to go back and listen with your other phones, now that you know its there you will hear it on every pair of phones you own.

Dec 8, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #30 of 71
Quote:

It's almost sad that in a couple weeks I might be done my head-fi journey.

uh yeah, right....

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back